River Place Nature Trail Upper Section

River Place Nature Trail Upper Section is a 1.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Austin, Texas that features a river. The trail is rated as moderate offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great hike! Sweet surprise...

Technical trail, lots of rocks, roots and stairs on stairs on stairs! Beautiful. The river was dry so no waterfall but still gorgeous.
plenty of people on the trail during the week. I felt safe running alone.
Bring water!
There is no turn around point for the shorter trail. The trail is well marked with signs every .25 miles

Stairs and more stairs. Great place to train for our upcoming JMT hike. Trekking poles were not a bad idea.

I love this trail. I'd call it difficult and not moderate, if I compare it to other moderate trails.

It's pretty and is a great getaway in an urban area.

I did this hike a while back in 2016. Loved the scenery, a decked out pond at beginning with a small shaded river running through bottom of mountain. The climb gets real so I just went from the bottom to the top where it comes out on River Pace Blvd.

Narrow trail with lots of up and down steps. It can get pretty busy on the weekends, but some nice views and some wet weather creeks. The creeks were dry when we went today, but it was still a nice trail. Lots of people brought their dogs on leashes. I wouldn't classify this trail as "easy" either. This should be a "moderate" at least. It is a good workout though for a short trail.

Sunday, July 10, 2016