Rio Grande Riverpark and Trail System

Rio Grande Riverpark and Trail System is a 21 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near El Paso, Texas that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This was a nice walk with my dog buddy . Several bikers, walkers etc. I Felt safe on this Saturday morning. There was water when I went. The trail was paved n clean and there were areas to sit an relax.

Not sure where the app is taking us for the start point. Its just a neighborhood with no access to the trail, but once on the trail its a really nice walk.

Very nice ride, however not a drop of water in the Rio Grande. If you have a road bike the paved path is on the left; gravel path on the right for mountain bikes and walkers. I saw quail and many roadrunners and several hawks. If only there were water in the river it would be ultimate!!! Other than that nice change of pace

Like to walk here on Sunday mornings with my dogs. The trail is paved and easy to walk. The scenery changes all the time depending on the season.

good place to ride safely, no traffic. Watch out for sandy gravel spots...not too clean.

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

This is an easy walking trail, great if you want to be outside but don't feel like negotiating any difficult terrain or elevation change. Walking is mostly along levees and maintained trails. I like to ruck here in the evenings. My preferred access point is by Valley Creek Park off Upper Valley Rd.

Thursday, March 30, 2017

One of my favorite places to take my pup! Dry most of the year but she loves running In the dry riverbed almost as much as swimming when there is water. Nice paved trail

Sunday, January 05, 2014