Rio Bosque Wetlands Park Trails

Rio Bosque Wetlands Park Trails is a 0.7 mile loop trail located near Riveras Del Bravo, Texas that offers the chance to see wildlife. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, walking, and birding.

Easy walk through wetlands that are all dried up.

This is top secret so don't tell anybody. Really is a 5 lots of wildlife and many off trail opportunities. Great sunsets. Next to the big beautiful border wall

Very easy nature walk. It is really green and lush! Lots of animals! We got to see a completely different side of El Paso. Highly recommend wearing mosquito repellent!

Very easy. I did it with my 10 year old daughter and my 3 year old daughter! We'll be back soon!

fly fishing

The park was a little hard to find. We had to park at Cougar Park and cut in from there. We tried most of the 3 trails. The best was going through the interior of the park on the foot trails. The wetlands trail was the prettiest but was very short. The other trails were pretty barren. Good view of mountains in the background though. Overall, we had fun and it was a nice little trail walk, but probably wouldn't go again.

Difficulty: 2/5
Scenery: 2/5

Nice easy walk . Saw many wildflowers but not many birds. There was no water in the ponds when I was there.

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

The Rio Bosque Wetlands area is actually 3 different trails. I didn't really see all that much here. An egret, some sandpipers, 2 butterflies and a dragon fly. We only did the Bosque trail. It is a very simple 1 mile loop that leads through some trees and near a dried up creek bed. The only real up side to this trail is that it is very easy and pleasing for younger children.

Saturday, August 31, 2013