Red Bud Isle Trail is a 0.8 kilometer moderately trafficked loop trail located near Austin, Texas that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 0.8 km Elevation Gain: 4 m Route Type: Loop

Beautiful swim spot once you get there, and it’s definitely easy to ride around the isle itself, but it’s a bit misleading to call this one as a whole easy. You have to ride a bit far from town to get there so it’s not like this trek is just the little loop — and there’s a couple difficult hills that would knock a beginner right out. All in all I’m giving this four stars because I think it should be labeled as moderate.

Great family trail or dog trail. Very short and very open. The southern end of Red Bud Isle gives some cool vistas, and it’s an operable launch point for canoes or kayaks. Signs say swimming is not allowed, but that seems widely ignored. Parking is very difficult, but there are more options along Redbud Tr.

It was cute .5 mile loop. I walked around four-five times around to equal 3.0 miles and being dogs watching since I don’t have dogs. This is a good place off leash for dogs to play and swim. I’ll come back again with friends and their dogs. LOL!

Cute little scenic area. Great if you have dogs that aren’t afraid to run around with other dogs.

Nice nature walk. Basically a wooded, off-leash dog park

they put up a bunch of no swimming signs that say dog area only a few years ago so now it smells like poop and folks don't jump in lady bird there much... I still do. this was my favorite place to take friends to swim near the city... u can swim across the lake to the huge tree that has a rope swing and if you were lucky borrow someone's paddle boat while they swing... anyway... now it smells like poop and folks walking there dogs seem weird and antisocial cause they are not swimming... instead, they're following there dog with a plastic poop baggie.

Sun May 19 2019

This trail was nice and short. Perfect for beginners like my partner who’s not a big fan of hiking. My 20 month old loved how many dogs she saw on this trail. I didn’t like the overgrown picnic table, I wish it would be better maintained. I usually have small snacks after any hike and this would of been a nice spot.

Fri Mar 29 2019

Perfect place for the dogs to get some exercise. Quick and easy walk with beautiful views.

Sun Mar 17 2019

It’s a lovely short walk. Perfect for dogs! You get some really great views of the lake when you get to the tip of the island.

Sun Oct 28 2018

More of a dog park then anything else. My dog loves to go there to swim.

Mon Sep 17 2018

Great if you have dogs or like dogs. It's an off leash park. I took my dogs. There are places to sit by the water and ponder but you'll probably be greeted by a wet snout. I kept my dogs on leash and they still had a good time. it's a short circle trail we made 3 trips around. Limited parking for sure... we went on a rainy day and got lucky finding a spot.

Thu Jul 12 2018

Dog friendly, limited parking on weekends

Tue Jul 10 2018

Red Bud is more of a park than a trail. My pup really enjoyed being off leash and playing at the many water access points. There are numerous small trails that lead through the woods to small access points, but be cautious. I did see a very large snake (3-4" in diameter and dark colored with faded blotch pattern). It was probably non-venomous, but I didn't stick around to find out. Stick to the main trails and cleared areas and you should be fine.

Sat Jun 23 2018

Overrun with dogs, hard to enjoy the beauty.

Thu Feb 15 2018

Great place to play with dogs that aren’t yours.

Fri Dec 22 2017

Went with my daughter and wife to this trail. I also took our puppy to get used to his first trail. It was a pretty easy trail.

Sat Oct 29 2016

There are no more that 22 parking spaces, so if you go, then go early or go on a weekday, though you shouldn't expect to have any solitude even then. If you have dogs, then Red Bud Isle is worth a one-time trip just to say that you've been there. Better for dog socializing than dog exercising. It's not really big enough to get any real exercise.

Fri Oct 21 2016

if you're looking to hike or be there longer than 30 minutes don't go here. but for a quick run with the dog it's perfect ! just wish parking didn't have only 20 spots for everyone

Thu Sep 15 2016

Very secluded island trail. I don't recommend this trail for anyone who doesn't like dogs, it is basically a massive off-leash dog park. The loop is small but great if you just want to get Fido some exercise. There is water access for swimming and my dogs love it here.

Mon Apr 04 2016

Absolutely gorgeous off-leash dog park. Probably the prettiest park in town. But, it's small and crowded and can be very difficult to park.

Fri Feb 05 2016

I'm torn between 3 stars and 4 stars. This is great for dogs and ours loved it but it does smell a little worse than most dog parks but you get used to it quickly. The worst part is parking. Since this is a pretty popular dog park and the lot is small, you most likely will have to wait in a line as one car leaves, one can enter. Our wait on a Sunday around 11am was about 25 mins. I wouldn't recommend this for anyone who really wants a good hiking experience or doesn't have dogs. It's all walking but once you can actually park, and get passed the smell, you'll end up on the edge of the park and that view is well worth it.

Fri Sep 23 2011

I love this trail, very nature intimate, almost feels like there is no one else in the world but you .

Tue May 28 2019