Purple and Red Loop

Purple and Red Loop is a 2.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Houston, Texas that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Please note some of the Purple Trail was washed out in Hurricane Harvey. Alternate routes are available in park via the Blue, Red, and Yellow Trail.

Great place to run in Houston area. We ran the purple and yellow trails and enjoyed them both (very similar). Fewer people on these trails than the paved trails out along the road. So many on the paved trail Saturday morning we wondered if there was an organized event going on:). Mid June at 8 am was humid and warm, but a steady breeze helped. Trails are wet in some areas, depending on recent rain.

I hiked all of the trails. Started around 10 ish, took me a while to adjust to the map and the markers since I'm relatively new to this. The trail are moderate as it says except for the purple trail. The purple trail is easier but less shadier. I wore a cap, white long sleeves, face shield, camel Bak with essentials inside as well as sunblock. Bugs weren't a huge problem even though I had bug repellent on. Everyone who passed me by wore shorts and a tank top pretty much, but I like to avoid getting cancer and to be safe rather than sorry in this 100 degree weather. Although the entire experience is scenic in itself, there aren't really any flowers during this time unless you west of the map where the purple trail leads there are some wild flowers and sunflowers that'll lead you to the running trail center. There will be mountain bikers and if you hear some yelling, usually something on the lines of "biker, rider, some mumble jumble from a distance" etc, then you just move aside andet them pass. If you plan on doing a similar hike like mine I'd carry a hydration back pack with some snacks. Great trail! Oh yeah the trails are pretty dry now being that it's summer.

Love this trail for a hike with my fur baby. However, the AllTrails map is a little off. If you follow AllTrails map, you actually pick up some of the orange, red, and blue trails near the end. If you follow the park’s markers for the purple trail, the trail is about 1.5 miles. There are some good hills along this trail so a pretty good workout.

my cross country team and i were running on this for a recovery run. the hills provide an excellent challenge and the different types of plants and animals keep it beautiful and interesting. it is great for PT and all levels. 5 stars!!!

Great hike; we did a combination of the trails since the Purple Trail was washed out in one area. There were hills enough to make the hike a little more challenging than most around Houston.
We were there on a Saturday, and there was heavy traffic with mountain bikers and unleashed dogs. In a few places there is not a lot of room to move out of the way for them, (and some do not slow down at all) so I would hesitate to bring small children. It might be better during the week, but we haven't tried it yet.

Had to have gotten lost somewhere... I was walking the purple trail and I got to an VERY impassible part. Looked like it was washed out from the hurricane. It stopped where the orange trail makes a loop backward. I could not find any other way to get around the purple trail. I decided to take the orange trail back around. So my hike was a combo of purple and orange. Orange is much more moderate trail than the simple purple, but was still fairly easy.
With going half way around the purple and taking orange back, it made the official journey 2.7 miles per my GPS on the alltrails recording.

Nice loop with a wide path, easy.

An excellent trail system that is very well maintained, and serene. Beautiful trees and lots of birds, rabbits and squirrels. A word of caution for all mountain bikers; be on high alert for joggers, distracted pedestrians, and dogs that are not attached with a leash. They will run right in front of you, or pop out around blind corners, so approach corners and banks with caution. While I was biking here, bikers were flying around corners and trail systems, which is ill-advised and is a recipe for disaster. You will have an awesome time here, just be cautious and respectful.

Monday, July 03, 2017

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

I love all the trails out at memorial park. This one is nice to jump on when you're tired from the more hilly routes.

Saturday, June 03, 2017

Easy walk

Saturday, June 03, 2017

Nice hike but not much to see. No flowers and only one squirrel

Monday, April 10, 2017

nice varied walk

Monday, March 20, 2017

Parts broken but beautiful, one long stretch more of a road than a trail. Lots of great views. Rugged terrain in lots of places.