Spring Creek Trail from Pundt Park

Spring Creek Trail from Pundt Park is a 16.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Spring, Texas that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

This 380-acre park features a dog park, primitive canoe launch, playground, picnic loop with ten tables and two pavilions, bicycle racks, rest rooms, separate equestrian and multiuse trails, and two lakes* that are perfect for fishing. Future improvements will include a large pavilion and an office.

Great trail a little crowded but expected since is the beginning or Spring Break, take mosquitoe repellent, I am definitely going back to enjoy
Spring creek with my dog

Fantastic long, well maintained trail. We totally loved it. Long enough and just a bit hilly in spots to make it fun and a bit challenging. All of the Harvey fixes appear to be done, so no issues. They continue to extend it to the north and looking forward to the broader vision of both Spring Creek and Cypress Creek trailway systems.

Loved everything about this trail!

It’s pretty. I wish they had more and better maps. If you haven’t been around it a bunch you have no idea where you are going. There is a lot paved. I’m not a fan of the paved trails. The beach area is beautiful and fun.

It’s a lovely trail, maybe not the best on a road bike. Several areas with sand, I ate it on one curve. Be careful if you’re on skinny tires!

Super wide paved trails. Closed after hurricane Harvey but idk why. I went around the barrier and the trail was in perfect condition. Best paved trail I've found around Spring/Woodlands.

Spoke to officer at park. One side is closed from flood. They are rebuilding. About to go walk the other side. It's closed about 5 miles down he said. Going to check it out now.

OK. I'm back from a 10+ mile walk. Was closed about 5 miles down. I continued for a bit, trail was fine.

Very clean. Uneventful walk unfortunately!

Very nice place for biking and running/walking.

Great trail for running, biking or walking!

Great trail, lots of ups and downs and 16 miles which is great!

Sunday, February 26, 2017

Great combo of small ups and downs which give a great workout.

Sunday, October 23, 2016

Went on a ride with my son a couple weeks ago. Trail was shady and easy ride, reminded me of the Great Allegheny Passage we did this summer. I didn't know Houston has such a great trail! Love it.
AS

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

First time at this park with my dog bear. It was a really nice park, I'm glad I searched for it on this app. It's a little tucked away but well worth the look. The trails were relaxing and quiet and the overall park was very well kept. The people we did run across were nice and friendly. Definitely recommend this park for early morning walks.

Monday, September 19, 2016

I walked 2.5 miles in then 2.5 out while pushing a stroller on a 95 degree humid day. I was drenched in sweat and ready to pass out, but the trail was beautiful and peaceful. My only complaint was that I wish it were shadier.

Sunday, August 21, 2016

Considering all the rain in the area lately, this paved trail is very convenient. It is a very tempting long distance trip from outermost trail head to trail head IF you want to hike, run or bike through. Till we do we just turned around to complete a full 5K. Pretty busy this Sunday morning but still quiet, beautiful and enjoyable. We saw young deer and a very big rabbit! Thankful it is close to home so we can get to it and back before the next round of showers!

Saturday, August 01, 2015

Really good trail for walking/running, biking, and horseback riding. It's surrounded by beautiful picturesque nature & trees. Varies trail routes to choose from but not many maps, lakes, rest stops, etc on the way (besides benches). It could've just been the trail route I took. I did encounter a small snake so keep your kids close.

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

This is a very well maintained trail. Not all the water fountains work so take plenty of water with you if you are pushing your limits.

Monday, August 18, 2014

This paved trail is well maintained in Pundt Park, but the section going into Jesse Jones Park is still mostly packed gravel and dirt, with a few soft spots. Have made the ride a few times and it's about 16 miles round trip.

Saturday, October 05, 2013

New asphalt trail until crossing into Jessie Jones Park. Well maintained gravel trail once in Jessie Jones park. Was told by one of the locals that the gravel is due to be paved soon. Horse trail is quite soft, not suitable for bikes.

Monday, September 02, 2013

Nice park. Oxbow trail has too many weeds though. Creekside trail is nice. Be sure to look out for snakes and check for ticks afterwards.

Monday, March 18, 2013

Fun easy trails. You can hop on the greenway and walk as many miles as you want, if you've got time. We stopped at a little lake for lunch and saw lots of big turtles. The trails were wide and flat but very sandy so your ankles get tired quickly.

Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Trained my horse for endurance rode 16 miles from Pundt Park to Jones Park Bridge. Had a blast. Creek still has quick sand. so could only water horses when we were back at the trailer.

recorded one way