Post Oak Trail is a 1.5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Seagoville, Texas that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and bird watching and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.5 miles Elevation Gain: 45 feet Route Type: Loop

Post Oak Preserve is in Seagoville, just about 10-15 minutes from my work. I stopped by after school today since we got out early...and I’m so glad I did! Such a gorgeous place. The trails are nicely marked and maintained. The area has several trails and there are even ones for littles. The lake trail is the best because man, that view! I never felt unsafe or uneasy. The elevation changes a bit and you go up and down some hills but nothing too crazy. I’ll be back for sure. What a great place to bring the family and the dogs!

If I didn’t stop and take pics and sit by the lake, this would be a great trail for me to build my trail running endurance up. It is a nice flat trail for the most part, so really doable for all! I was worried about the reviews talking about trash, but I surprisingly did not see that much. I could have easily picked up all I saw if I had a bag with me. This is so close to home, that I will use this trail a lot. Great little find.

This is a great area! Multiple trails, though some are not marked well you can easily tell where the trail is, mostly flat and pretty well maintained. There are a few trails that have some elevation change but it’s not enough to really work up a sweat. You could easily get by with a stroller, though an off road or jogging stroller would work much better. There are exposed roots here and there but they’re easily managed. We chose to use our osprey poco premium to carry our 11.5 month old and he really enjoyed looking at and touching the trees. Check out more family trail reviews on IG @booktimetogether

If you brave the “trail” around the lake...there’s not one. Otherwise, the rest is a very nice trail!

Mon Jul 09 2018

Nice short trail through the woods. It passes by a small lake. Very pretty, but next time I'll take a trash bag to pick up along the way.

Wed May 02 2018

Spooky, beautiful and created a sense of foreboding. It reminded of a forest in a fairytale that houses a wolf or two. A variety of bird sounds. Numerous birds communicating with each other and numerous signs warning the visitor of dangerous animals, snakes and plants. I spotted numerous amounts of furry coyote scat. I was thrilled to return back to my car alive and unscathed. Although. The after experience was so calming like a warm bubble bath. I felt a sense of deep peace for days afterward.

Sun Apr 01 2018

Nice, quick, well marked, easy enough for kids without being boring.

Sat Mar 17 2018

Go to the left to start! The trail is better and not an old concrete road. The pond is worth the hike if you take the loop. Easy enough for kids to enjoy.

Tue Mar 13 2018

Had a great time hiking with Troop 1 Baptist Scout Rangers. Thankful to be one of the leaders.

Sat Jan 27 2018

As a hike, it's short and not challenging at all, but very beautiful and often offers a bit of solitude. Go in April, when the woods are newly green and lush. Good late fall colors, as well.

Wed Nov 15 2017

Lightly used, safe, quiet easy walk through woods. Also the little lake is excellent for kayaking.

Sun Nov 05 2017

What a nice trail system. Just down the street from my house. (2.4 mi. away) Never would have known about it without the All Trails app. Thank You again!!! :)

Sat Jul 29 2017

one of my favorite places to go hike. And it is only 1.5 miles from my house.

Tue May 30 2017

Excellent trail. Peaceful. Very nice walk

Tue Feb 07 2017

This was a nice easy hike in the woods. A hole lot different from what I am use to being from Washington. But would come back for sure.

Thu Nov 24 2016

Nice walk and we really enjoyed walking around the pond!

Sun Sep 04 2016

Quiet, you'll see lot's of interesting plants & wild flowers. A good trail to commune with nature, stay on the trails. Found some cool mushrooms, and nests. Shaded, lots of cool trees. I really enjoyed it, it was moderate.

Sat Aug 11 2018