Pilot Knoll Trail

Pilot Knoll Trail is a 5.9 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Argyle, Texas that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

very nice trail, marks is OK. easy to hike trail.

Trail a bit confusing. Nothing marked after P6, but still a nice walk. Will return.

Trail was nice but a little more overgrown than I expected. Will visit again for sure but with different gear next time.

This is a great trail!

The main trail here appears to be Hickory Creek as the route I took was called that hit matched the GPS record of others that are posted in this app.

That said, I will definitely go back here. The trail runs directly beside a bunch of farms with very inquisitive horses and one charming donkey. (Please don't feed them!)

I did 8 miles total on this system and the woman at the Pilot Knoll Park kiosk was both very friendly and extremely helpful.

I've added a few pics!

I enjoyed this hike, very few people after you get about 1/2 mile into it. I parked on the side of the street at Old Alton and did not see anyone after the first 1/2 mile until I made it to Village Parkway. I would say that about 95-97% of the trail was dry today, and the 3-5% of the trail had standing water and soggy area. Those areas were comfortable to walk around. I recommend it, little elevations overall easy Hike in my opinion.

Completed this out and back today. There is really quite a trail system built out in this area, but unfortunately the flooding of the past year has really turned much of the area into a less desirable area. You can see that the trail was under water for a long time, the high water lines on the trees tell the story.

The lakeside trail is still quick soggy in areas even though we have not had rain for a while. The trash is surprising. It is sad to think that there was that much floating around in the water to be deposited here.

The hike itself is nice easy path with just slight elevation gains and losses We departed from the parking lot located just outside the main park entrance. There is lots of parking there and you do not have to pay the park fee. The trail is well marked and easy to follow.

The first part of the hike is along the property line so you are walking along side the backyards of the neighbors. After about 8/10 the of a mile you are away from the houses for a while.

There were a number of other hikers out today, but it certainly was not crowded.