Pedernales Falls State Park Equestrian Trails

Pedernales Falls State Park Equestrian Trails is a 5.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Johnson City, Texas that features a river. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, birding, and horses. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

$12 Entrance Fee

trail is very easy to falls, hiking along river and over rocks was awesome and great hike.

Last month I was visiting San Antonio for a few days and I wanted to go hiking so I had to find something close to the city and this place was perfect. I try to stay away from "easy" hikes since I enjoy a hike a lot more when it's challenging. However, the pictures I found online from this place were so beautiful I had to give it a shot. And am I glad I did... There was a thunder storm going on that day but that did not stop me, I was prepared. The place was lightly trafficked which made my hike that much more enjoyable. There are several trails around the falls, with different difficulty levels. Once you're in the park there is no cellphone service so be aware of that. Beautiful place, so glad I checked it out.

Saturday, April 09, 2016

Monday, March 28, 2016

My husband and two daughters (4 and 7) came for a day hike for the first time on Easter. The views are totally worth the $12. We first walked the Falls Trailhead and spent hours exploring the rocks and water. An easy walk could definitely be made more difficult in that area. Lots of lizards, and people were catching a lot of decent sized fish. We then went to Twin Falls and spent over an hour trying to find the fall, which we never did. We were not alone in this. The trail was not clearly marked, so come prepared with coordinates to find it. Overall, a great day hiking. Also very clean restrooms and adequate parking.

Saturday, March 19, 2016