Peach Creek Trail

Peach Creek Trail is a 4.2 mile out and back trail located near New Caney, Texas that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Please note park is currently closed on Tuesdays.

Great trails, and lost of wild life.

Please know this park is closed every Tuesday until further notice. I drove 30 minutes out of my way to find this out.

It rained earlier when went. The trail on the east side got very wet. Ankle deep water at a lot of points. The path is very clear but sometimes the trail itself isn't clearly marked. The west end near the lake can be a little tricky to follow but still good. Would definitely do it again and other trails in this park. Great for beginners or just wanting to break a light sweat.

Great trails with several loops to make several miles of hiking for the day!

Easy to moderate trail. Several other trails in the park good for biking, or hiking. Spotted wild boars throughout the park.

Saturday, April 15, 2017

Very good!

Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Haven't done the entire trail yet because I had my little ones with me but have done about 2 miles of it and we really enjoyed the hike.

Friday, October 14, 2016

Love the area and the accommodations. We will return

Saturday, June 11, 2016

looked so pretty but shut down until June 24 due to flooding.

Friday, April 15, 2016

Awesome trail! Beautiful scenery that's great for photography. One of the most beautiful places I've been to...

Wednesday, April 06, 2016

Great place to go hiking, but there aren't nearly enough signs on the trails and there are a lot of turn offs.

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Always have liked this park. It is growing for sure. The map is lacking and needs some work. Be sure to watch - the Ameri Trail (blue) is tricky. Looking at the map - did not understand that we were going on a 10 mile hike. Thought we were going to do a 3.8 mile loop but that is not what worked out. Also talked to others that were having the same problem. But if you just stay on the Peach Creek Loop and other trails, it is great for the family. There is some beautiful scenes and a great get a way without leaving the area.

Sunday, January 04, 2015

It's a nice park. I came here for some geocaching but most of the ones we looked for was not there any more.

Monday, July 28, 2014

Checked it out for geocaching (there over 30 in the park). Agree with other reviews the map is lacking and needs work. Looking forward to some primitive camping in the fall.

Friday, June 20, 2014

This is a lovely park, but the map that the park hands out is not complete and some of the trails are not clearly marked. We started off on the AmeriTrail, not knowing it was 9 miles out and 9 miles back. The map doesn't show the whole trail, so after about 3 hours of walking, we started to get concerned and ended up taking a trail along railroad tracks. We basically got lost in the park and ended up walking for 8 hours before we made our way back to the parking lot. Because all of the the trails are not clearly marked, it was difficult to tell where we were. Also, the park closed at 6pm and we were stuck inside until after 9pm. I don't think anyone came looking for us even though our car was sitting there all day. :(

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Pretty suave trail, the scenery is wonderful and trails are kept up with. A good family trail!

Friday, February 15, 2013

Great trail for a couple hour get away. Terrain is up and down, tree roots on the trail , some hard packed soil and some lose sandy areas too. Bring your camera lots of great scenic shots along side peach creek. The Trail also connects to the AmeriTrail which is an awesome trail too. The AmeriTrail is 9 miles out and 9 miles back it runs along caney creek which is about 200 feet wide at some points I came across to wild hogs on this trail and there are primative camp sites along the way. All the pictures I added are of peach creek I was unable to finish the AmeriTrail I ran out of Time and wasn't planning on an over night trip so I will be planning a return over night in the near future. Well Enjoy the Great Outdoors.

Wednesday, September 05, 2012

I completely agree. The nature center is a must see. nice maintained trails. Wonderful staff.

Sunday, August 01, 2010

Easy hiking trail. several nice bridges. peaceful. The park has a nice nature center now and the staff is very friendly. We stayed in the Lazy Creek Lodge a few times and really enjoyed it.