Learn more

Peach Creek Trail is a 4.2 mile out and back trail located near New Caney, Texas that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 4.2 miles Elevation Gain: 91 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Please note park is currently closed on Tuesdays.

I went today with my 6 month old and walked the Peach creek trail. This is one of many trails within Lake Houston Wilderness park. It was around 2.5 miles. Lovely walk through woodland, some slight uphills, clear paths, no bugs. Beautiful day.

Good shady trail along the creek. Dogs had fun

Pretty level trail through woods. Well maintained. We came early and had the trail to ourselves mostly but on return back ran into a few other groups. This trail is actually two trails: The peach creek loop for about .9 mile then down Ameri-trail for about 1.5mile.

Took my 6yr old and 13 month old out on this trail. Wonderful trail, plenty of shade, bugs weren’t too bad but definitely wear big spray. My boys loved going swimming in the creek to cool off too. Saw lots of cardinals and there were plenty of other hikers and mountain bikers in the park. A wonderful place for a family outdoor adventure!

Lots of fun and pretty simple mountain biking trails BUT be sure to bring bug spray because there were literally thousands every time you stopped. Some of them would even follow you the whole way. I would give this a perfect rating if there weren’t so many bugs! Overall lots of fun, and it’s a pretty clean spot too! 4/5

Nice trail. Well marked. Not to far from civilization, but it gets you back into the woods.

Wed Jan 30 2019

Nice little trail close to Houston. Be prepared for mud after a rain.

Sun Jan 27 2019

Muddy at spots but easy and fun!

Sun Jan 06 2019

pretty creekside loop with bridges and nice trees. fine for leashed dogs. we went to the pc trailhead took dogwood and eventually did the pc loop. onky thing you may not like is that it got muddy and swampy after the rains. easy hike. cabins and campsites too.

Mon Aug 27 2018

The trail is well marked in most places. The only thing is as a hiker you have to watch out for bike riders. There is a lot of blind corners.

Sun May 06 2018

Great trails, and lost of wild life.

Tue Apr 10 2018

Please know this park is closed every Tuesday until further notice. I drove 30 minutes out of my way to find this out.

Mon Feb 12 2018

It rained earlier when went. The trail on the east side got very wet. Ankle deep water at a lot of points. The path is very clear but sometimes the trail itself isn't clearly marked. The west end near the lake can be a little tricky to follow but still good. Would definitely do it again and other trails in this park. Great for beginners or just wanting to break a light sweat.

Thu Nov 16 2017

Great trails with several loops to make several miles of hiking for the day!

Fri Oct 27 2017

Easy to moderate trail. Several other trails in the park good for biking, or hiking. Spotted wild boars throughout the park.

Sat Apr 15 2017

Very good!

Wed Nov 23 2016

Haven't done the entire trail yet because I had my little ones with me but have done about 2 miles of it and we really enjoyed the hike.

Fri Oct 14 2016

Love the area and the accommodations. We will return

Sat Jun 11 2016

looked so pretty but shut down until June 24 due to flooding.

Fri Apr 15 2016

Awesome trail! Beautiful scenery that's great for photography. One of the most beautiful places I've been to...

Wed Apr 06 2016

Great place to go hiking, but there aren't nearly enough signs on the trails and there are a lot of turn offs.

Wed Feb 17 2016

Always have liked this park. It is growing for sure. The map is lacking and needs some work. Be sure to watch - the Ameri Trail (blue) is tricky. Looking at the map - did not understand that we were going on a 10 mile hike. Thought we were going to do a 3.8 mile loop but that is not what worked out. Also talked to others that were having the same problem. But if you just stay on the Peach Creek Loop and other trails, it is great for the family. There is some beautiful scenes and a great get a way without leaving the area.

Sun Jan 04 2015

It's a nice park. I came here for some geocaching but most of the ones we looked for was not there any more.

Mon Jul 28 2014

Checked it out for geocaching (there over 30 in the park). Agree with other reviews the map is lacking and needs work. Looking forward to some primitive camping in the fall.

Fri Jun 20 2014

This is a lovely park, but the map that the park hands out is not complete and some of the trails are not clearly marked. We started off on the AmeriTrail, not knowing it was 9 miles out and 9 miles back. The map doesn't show the whole trail, so after about 3 hours of walking, we started to get concerned and ended up taking a trail along railroad tracks. We basically got lost in the park and ended up walking for 8 hours before we made our way back to the parking lot. Because all of the the trails are not clearly marked, it was difficult to tell where we were. Also, the park closed at 6pm and we were stuck inside until after 9pm. I don't think anyone came looking for us even though our car was sitting there all day. :(

Sat Apr 13 2013

Pretty suave trail, the scenery is wonderful and trails are kept up with. A good family trail!

Fri Feb 15 2013

Great trail for a couple hour get away. Terrain is up and down, tree roots on the trail , some hard packed soil and some lose sandy areas too. Bring your camera lots of great scenic shots along side peach creek. The Trail also connects to the AmeriTrail which is an awesome trail too. The AmeriTrail is 9 miles out and 9 miles back it runs along caney creek which is about 200 feet wide at some points I came across to wild hogs on this trail and there are primative camp sites along the way. All the pictures I added are of peach creek I was unable to finish the AmeriTrail I ran out of Time and wasn't planning on an over night trip so I will be planning a return over night in the near future. Well Enjoy the Great Outdoors.

Wed Sep 05 2012

I completely agree. The nature center is a must see. nice maintained trails. Wonderful staff.