Pace Bend Park Trail

Pace Bend Park Trail is a 11.6 mile loop trail located near Spicewood, Texas that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, nature trips, birding, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

Got the opportunity to run Pace Bend trails in XTERRA's 10.5K this weekend. Course went over about 90% single track, enjoyed the switchbacks, and flats. Nice trails great area. Would love to camp and run, here.

More of a bike trail than a hiking trail. Camping isn’t the best

Not an easy hike but what a great workout especially being high noon on a hot summer day
This was our first time hiking here
Glad we had plenty of water
Loved this and plan to go again !!!!

Thursday, April 06, 2017

enjoyed very much!

Friday, March 24, 2017

Better for mountain biking than hiking. Trails not as difficult as I had hoped and not much to see. Also trails could be better marked, the markers that do exist are a little confusing.

Sunday, January 29, 2017

Did a ~3 mi trail with my 55 year old mom. We drove around the main park road and parked at Tatum Cove. Did the Abbey Road Trail over to Gracy Cove. Walked down to the water and enjoyed the scenery and let the dogs swim. Then took Abbey Road back and hung out in Tatum Cove and watched the boats come in. Even though a short hike, it requires that you go up over the top of the park and then back so had nice elevation with great views on both sides. Will def come back for swimming in the summer.

Saturday, January 21, 2017

$10 per vehicle entry fee. Nice trails with plenty of places to park by the water and have a picnic or a BBQ with built in grills.

Sunday, May 22, 2016

I loved these trails. I brought my dog and we didn't see a single person but it was a rainy weekend. The signs clearly state that dogs should be on leash soo....

Thursday, March 24, 2016

The trail was ok but it was not marked well at all. We got lost!

Friday, February 05, 2016

We took the highlighted route in the app, and while peaceful, it was a bit dull. That said, the trailhead had a great bike repair station set up, and the markers inside the trails were great - even showing difficulty levels, but the trailhead needs a map. Without the app, we would have had difficulty. We do want to go back to camp in the future.

Wednesday, November 18, 2015

It's a nice quiet camp ground. Nice hiking and bike trails. Primitive camping. The park rangers are super nice and friendly. Will return again.

Saturday, July 11, 2015

Very fun. Nice ramps nice open areas and nice technical spots. All around great trail. Too bad I'm totally out of shape.

Thursday, May 28, 2015

Easy to get lost in but lots of fun, wear appropriate gear out there, have PLENTY of H2O (minimum 3L, I took 5 and went through 3L's easy after 12 miles and still had more places to ride) Great wildlife! Lizards scurrying all over the road and trails sun bathing, Hawks, red cardinals, roadrunners. Great cliff side views all over the perimeter of the park, great for cl8ff diving although I want able to take a dip because of all the debris from this recent storm we're having. Ps sun block!

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Other reviews have noted the park's cliffs, campsites and a great beach. I took my family to hike and that aspect of the park was a little disappointing. The trails are mostly washed out down to the limestone bedrock with lots of loose rock on the trail. This is typical hill country hiking, but the juniper scrub was close to the trail and seemed to be overwhelming the other vegetation . Because of the camping, trail riding and beach traffic, there was very little wildlife in evidence. Maybe moving off the trails and staying on the cliffs at the edge of the park would have been more scenic, but with smaller children I stayed on the trails. As a hiking destination, I would go elsewhere in hill country unless you just want a good workout..

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Beautiful park featuring cliffs above the bends in the river, aka "lake travis." Nice for camping, but not much privacy.

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Very beautiful park!

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Great place to camp near the beach and go swimming! Fun and stress free.

Friday, August 10, 2012

Great camping here (I talked about it a little in my other review). Just making sure its obvious that you can camp here.

Friday, August 10, 2012

Great park in the Austin, TX area to camp and bike. I've camped here twice and had a really great time. There are spots all around the park to camp including non-improved sites (not 100% I was allowed to camp there but no one gave me any trouble).

Mountain bike trails seem easy to moderate in spots. The rocky climbs seemed to be the most difficult. But there seem to be more than enough interesting aspects to keep you going.

Plus as a little bonus there are some cool little dirt trails for your 4x4 Jeep etc. to check out. You can drive (and camp) right out to the beach.

Enjoy!