Paluxy River Trail

Paluxy River Trail is a 1.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Glen Rose, Texas that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Wonderful hike! I really enjoyed it.

it's definitely a moderate trail. Good sections of steep path; several of those are man-made steps - others are natural steps in rock or tree roots, there are a few that are steep slopes. So be cautious on those. Use walking stick(s) - I wish I had thought about that before leaving home!

I got started just before 8 in the morning. the temperature was great - coolish. and the trail was almost all in the shade. the birds were singing, the breeze was light. a very good experience.

it was

Beautiful, really enjoyed hike.
Not marked well

I’ve been looking for places to hike in North Texas that are more than just flat land, and this definitely did the job. Very easy to locate, we started off in the Blue Hole section, hiked to the look out and around the Puluxy River Trail. Loved it, so many butterflies when you get to the overlook, and such a great view. The only problem was that the trails are a little confusing and not marked well, we got lost for a bit and eventually just had to follow the river back to where we parked. Overall a great experience.

We had a great time on this trail and nice to cool off in the river after

Very pretty. Nice to stop and swim in the river for a bit. Watch out for snakes tho.
Nice hike, and easy enough for my 6 year old to trek with a little assistance from time to time.

Did this trail with my five year old son. Great views and moderate terrain. The trail is well marked with blue markers. We also hiked to the Paluxy River Scenic Overlook which doing this trail. It came out to roughly 2.8 miles all together.

Heads up, we almost missed the turn around for the blue loop and ended up on the Black-capped Vireo Trail so keep a close eye on the blue markers.