Oak Loop Trail

Oak Loop Trail is a 3.3 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near San Antonio, Texas that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Simply a great walking/ hiking trail. Beautiful scenery, clear trail, and a decent amount of people here. I took my wife, my seven year old daughter, and my best friend for the full 3.3 mile hike. Everyone we met on the trail was friendly and courteous. There are plenty of short cuts and exits on the trail if you need to cut your hike short. Basically we just went out there to be out in nature, and along the way we found a great spot to have a picnic.

I walked this trail with my three boys, two of whom rode in a stroller. Pushing all that on some of the rocky uphill spots was rough but overall a fun hike.

really great; love the nature trails! Long distance is available is you want it and never too crowded

Oak Trail is actually .8 miles but there is another trail (can't remember the name, starts with an S) that links up with it. There are construction signs saying it will open in Spring 2016, but the trails were all open. Prepare for mud!! Especially if it has been raining in San Antonio. A lot of the trail is in the woods so bring bug spray, I did brush off a tick so just be prepared for the ol' tick check afterward. I enjoyed it overall, but feel it would be much better when the ground is dry.

Nice trail for all ages, fitness levels & activities. Level well kept trails make for an easy walk,ride or run. I saw walker, joggers, bikers... dog walkers and stroller pushers. Well shaded, lots of places to sit & picnic.

Be mindful of where you are, the trails are well marked- but there's overlapping with the Salado Creek Greenway and it's easy to get turned around. I had to GPS myself a few times with the AllTrails app.

Good trail to exercise