Oak Cliff Nature Preserve Trail

Oak Cliff Nature Preserve Trail is a 6.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Dallas, Texas that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Very nice trails in a well wooded area. Very easy to get lost, though, so make sure to stay on the trail. Be aware that trails cross each other. Only way to get out of the park is near the entrance.

Close to Dallas, which is good. Not terribly exciting and lots of urban noise. Still, it’s a hike! A fair amount of trash along both trails we hiked.

It’s flat, boring, the trails aren’t well marked, and there’s quite a bit of trash. If you’re just looking for a place to walk your dog that isn’t the sidewalk on the side of a main road it’s fine.

It was okay. Accustomed to Arkansas trails so not accustomed to seeing trash on trail, and a weird voodoo looking area with license plates nailed to trees and a pink Christmas tree with a couple of chairs. Was possibly a homeless camp. just weird feeling.

Trails are really confusing and not marked. More markers would make this a great trail. I could care less where it’s located or next door to.

To all you hikers that keep complaining, take a minute to think who maintains the trail.. (DORBA).
(YES, IT COSTS BOTH MONEY TO BUY TOOLS AND LOTS OF VOLUNTEER HOURS TO KEEP THE TRAILS TIDY)
Then take another minute to figure out what does that mean. Hikers are more than welcome. but please no matter the park you go to. always stop at the trailhead and READ THE RULES!!!
most trails will ask hikers to go in the oposite direction so you can spot bikers from a distance and move aside.
thank you all for understanding.
have a great day!!

favorite trail

Easy to get lost, poorly marked. That is part of the fun though! Have gps or a compass and it’s a blast exploring all the fun trails.
Mild elevation changes throughout. Incredible scenery!

Very fun experience and I look forward to learning more of these trails.

Lots of pretty nature to see. High traffic on the morning of 4th of July. Some exposed areas out of the shade, so bring a hat and lots of water if going the summer. Trails are marked with various types of signs and some of them contradictory to others, so it's a little confusing. Also had a ton of cut throughs that make staying on the trails challenging, and again make it easy to get lost. If I'd taken my bike, I'd be annoyed with the amount of foot traffic. Still, it's beautiful.

Overall, the nature preserve is nice, with many different path options to manage how far you want to go. Relatively well kept, but I did see a little trash along the trail.

My biggest issue is that the trail is poorly marked. Easy to get lost with lots of random offshoots to confuse just about everyone on the trail.

My second issue, which might be more of a preference, is that over half the trail is not shaded. If it’s summer in dallas, you will need to bring plenty of water for you and your dog.

always a nice little escape. Use your GPs though it's easy to get lost.

A surprisingly lovely hidden gem. Parts were a bit littered when I went. Navigation can be tricky, just pay close attention and have a GPS app. Lots of shade.

Beautiful place relax paths.

Very fun hike, had decent shade for most of the time. Had more wildlife than I had expected.

Loved the trail! Great hills and rocks with flat open areas too. Most of the wood bridges and cross overs spots are in need of repair. It hasn’t been well maintained but the trees and location are nice.

Oh gosh was I happy for the GPS map! So many cut throughs look like parts of the trail that we ended up back at the parking lot before I decided to use the map.

Over all a nice path for the kids to run down without too much worry.

I camped here as a Boy Scout more than 25 years ago and hiking here recently brought me back to the hidden gem right in the middle of a major city. I swear I could hear a wind chime in the thickest part near the creek, that was surreal. I’m looking forward to biking this trail soon. I also make a walking stick at each hike I take and leave it at the trailhead for the next hiker. Let me know if you find/use one of them and please leave it there for the next hiker!

This place was great! Explored a lot of the trails but still had more to go after 2.5hrs of hiking. Saw few people and a few bikers but were on our own the majority of the time. Even lost the sounds of the city for awhile.

Love, love, love this trail! Great views, great trails from easy to hard and very relaxing! I try to go every week to get away from the real world!

Tuesday, December 05, 2017

Very solid trail. I recommend it. Better than you would expect it to be initially. Didn’t really like the “decor” in some parts and there definitely was some trash eyesores. I recommend going backwards on the trail to spot oncoming MTBers.

Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Wednesday, November 01, 2017

Awesome set of winding trails they won't get boring. Some trails get very narrow so be mindful of other people running or biking past you.

Thursday, October 19, 2017

Awesome trails only downside is trail needs more signs and directions

Sunday, September 17, 2017

Nice trail & larger than it appears

Saturday, August 05, 2017

Not too hard. A little lacking in signs. (Got turned around a few times.)

Nice and wooded!

Monday, June 12, 2017

Beautiful!

Sunday, June 04, 2017

Have been here many times! You would never think that there would be so many trails in Oak cliff. SUPER EASY TO GET LOST! Use the GPS!

Tuesday, May 30, 2017

trail sign are not clear, must use GPS for help. good trail for hike, I don't find any restroom in the preserve.

Thursday, May 25, 2017

I love walking the trail but it needs more signs , and they're is trails that aren't on the map on this app, are they not part of the trail?

Wednesday, May 24, 2017

I love this trail! it just needs more road signs

Wednesday, April 26, 2017