Learn more

Oak Cliff Nature Preserve Trail

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(423)
Dallas, Texas

Oak Cliff Nature Preserve Trail is a 6.5 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Dallas, Texas that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 6.5 miles Elevation Gain: 344 feet Route Type: Loop

Very nice trails in a well wooded area. Very easy to get lost, though, so make sure to stay on the trail. Be aware that trails cross each other. Only way to get out of the park is near the entrance.

Surprised at the diversity of terrain I found in Dallas! This was my first time on this park and it was hard to follow where I was due to the lack of marks. The white loop is more technical than the yellow loop, I wouldn’t say the white is for beginners, it has some significant stair like drops on rocks so watch out. I’ll be coming back.

Awesome trail, lots of steep ups and downs if you’re looking for a challenge. Only think it lacks is better trail markings. The ones that are marked are only for one direction. If you come out here enough you get the hang of it, but still pay attention to where you’re going. Lots of bandit trails.

Great trail, beautiful area. My dog loved it. Wish they could mark the trails better. People have done a good job laying branches of intersecting trails that might turn you around.

It was a pretty nice hike. What do you guys think about the bike nailed on the tree?

lots of shade- lots of twist & turns, easy to get off your trail without this app. mild elevation with some bridge crossings :)

This is a really fun trail if you have plenty of time to spare. It is very shaded and has varying elevations that make it more challenging and fun. Trails are not super well marked so keep your map on you.

Great trail ! To walk or bike ! Me and my gf go here at least 3x a week ! It is our fav trail so far !

Pretty poorly marked.

I've been out here several times now and I'm getting used to the trails. At some intersections there's signage that leads you in the right direction but it's best to have All Trails or scan the 'you are here' sign and find out where you are and where you need to go on the map that they provide. With multiple visits I'm better able to navigate and now I've done the entire preserve in segments. Now that it's all dry it is a pretty good trail and the bikers are cognizant that there's walkers on trail and call out before they overtake you. there's some wildlife out here I've seen squirrels rabbits and Cardinals and even a cat or two.

Great trail for getting out of the city, bikers communicate very well. Will come back to finish rest of route

This is a great trail with lots of Windee path’s. You can kind of get turned around, but this is a fun trail and I will definitely be back.

We really enjoyed this hike. It offers some fun terrain and beautiful wildflowers! We’ll be back.

this is a nice trail. Actually it's multiple trails that intersect several times and it's hard to tell which trail you're on unless you follow the arrows or the signage. there's just not enough signage there several intersections with multiple trails coming off the intersection and no signage until you get down one of the trails, however I did enjoy the trail because I used my All Trails app to try to stay on the trail. There were a couple of mix ups and I wound up back tracking but getting back on the trail. There's lots of wooded trail and several open areas where you get sunshine on you. It was quite muddy in certain areas but easy to go around those areas. I went in the counterclockwise route to try to avoid any bikers that were out there however I only saw one couple walking their dog and when I came out they were about five cars in the parking lot so it may be heavily used but apparently not so early in the morning. I will be back hopefully you do the loop next time if I can stay on the trail.

Well-maintained and not too crowded! Feels secluded in the middle of the city. All of the trails cross paths and some parts are labeled better than others so you’ll want your phone for a map.

If you're into getting lost in the woods like I am, this is your spot! There are too many trails to keep track of, twisting and turning, meandering in every direction. Don't forget your phone, and go out with a full battery. You will eventually need your phone, not only to take beautiful nature photos, but to pull up the course map in order to find your way back to your car! This course is well maintained with plenty of shade. A must visit!

Gorgeous trail! It was my first time hiking it but I will be back! Im glad I had my phone with me to get back to my car, with all the trails it can be confusing!

Great hike with the family, just what we were looking for. This hike felt as if we were no where near city life. Trails well groomed and wasn’t over kept. We will definitely be revisiting this spot during our stay in the area. Great spot!!

Good hikes and some nice elevations. Our dog loved it. We will definitely go back!

very fun trail i love the fact that it was free growing didn’t seem to be manipulated

bridge out