Oak Cliff Nature Preserve Trail

Oak Cliff Nature Preserve Trail is a 6.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Dallas, Texas that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Very nice trails in a well wooded area. Very easy to get lost, though. Difficult to get out of if you're not near the entrance, trails cross over each other. Use the map to stay on trail.

Very fun hike, had decent shade for most of the time. Had more wildlife than I had expected.

One of my friends came over and we decided To take a walk through the reserve because my apartment complex is surrounded by it. Needless to say we got lost we spent six hours of walking on the trail and could not find her way out. We called 911 and they send a police helicopter not pick us up but to use The spot light to guide us out. We all met at a fence on the backside of my apartment complex by officers who were very very helpful. I don’t think my friend or myself will be walking in the reserve again ever.

Loved the trail! Great hills and rocks with flat open areas too. Most of the wood bridges and cross overs spots are in need of repair. It hasn’t been well maintained but the trees and location are nice.

Yellow and Orange Trails easy to follow and track to. Northern and eastern sides of Preserve are tangled with cut throughs and bypasses making it difficult to stay on the main trail.

Trails are all very well maintained. Very, very little trash along the trail; looks like it was recently cleaned up.

DORBA sign has the trails marked as closed, so there were no cyclists today, along with absolutely zero people. Surprised more aren’t out there taking advantage of today’s cool weather.

Everything’s green right now, and with the latest rain the creeks are flowing enough to produce some nice sounding waterfalls.

Oh gosh was I happy for the GPS map! So many cut throughs look like parts of the trail that we ended up back at the parking lot before I decided to use the map.

Over all a nice path for the kids to run down without too much worry.

I camped here as a Boy Scout more than 25 years ago and hiking here recently brought me back to the hidden gem right in the middle of a major city. I swear I could hear a wind chime in the thickest part near the creek, that was surreal. I’m looking forward to biking this trail soon. I also make a walking stick at each hike I take and leave it at the trailhead for the next hiker. Let me know if you find/use one of them and please leave it there for the next hiker!

This place was great! Explored a lot of the trails but still had more to go after 2.5hrs of hiking. Saw few people and a few bikers but were on our own the majority of the time. Even lost the sounds of the city for awhile.

Love, love, love this trail! Great views, great trails from easy to hard and very relaxing! I try to go every week to get away from the real world!

Very solid trail. I recommend it. Better than you would expect it to be initially. Didn’t really like the “decor” in some parts and there definitely was some trash eyesores. I recommend going backwards on the trail to spot oncoming MTBers.

Awesome set of winding trails they won't get boring. Some trails get very narrow so be mindful of other people running or biking past you.

Awesome trails only downside is trail needs more signs and directions

Nice trail & larger than it appears

Not too hard. A little lacking in signs. (Got turned around a few times.)

Nice and wooded!

Beautiful!

Have been here many times! You would never think that there would be so many trails in Oak cliff. SUPER EASY TO GET LOST! Use the GPS!

trail sign are not clear, must use GPS for help. good trail for hike, I don't find any restroom in the preserve.

I love walking the trail but it needs more signs , and they're is trails that aren't on the map on this app, are they not part of the trail?

Wednesday, May 24, 2017

I love this trail! it just needs more road signs

Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Chingo

Monday, April 24, 2017

A decent hike once you find your way into the park. Trail markers are vague or missing for the first half mile and shortcuts not found on the map are all over the place.

Sunday, April 23, 2017

Lots of good ups and downs. Nice wildflowers. Need to pick up trash, especially at entrance.

Saturday, April 01, 2017

Friday, March 24, 2017

Love this place, take my dogs a few times a week. Heavily wooded area with some open fields and creeks.

Sunday, February 26, 2017

Had an incredible time hiking these trails! Looking forward to next time.

Sunday, January 29, 2017

Trail markings spotty and beware of bikers if you are on foot, but overall very nice.

Monday, January 16, 2017

Good trail for dallas! Parking area is there - looks like an entrance to apartments but it's on the right. Lots of trees and field to explore. Kids loved it- 7 and 9

Sunday, January 08, 2017

Super awesome trail! Really gorgeous (for dallas)

Friday, December 02, 2016

I've been 4 times in a week. Rarely more than 1 other person there. While there are Beginner Trails, if you ride the entire course via Mountain Bike, Its Intermediate with some Advanced sections! I would not leave the WHITE trail if you are a beginner!

Monday, October 24, 2016

Went on a Monday and almost no traffic in the park.

I can see how if bikers were on the trail it might be a tight fit.

Main trail is a little confusing because of random trails that people have made. All the loops are very well marked.

Lots of cut backs to increase mileage inside the park.

Decent up and down terrain on the loops, definitely made it a little harder with a 30 pound pack.