Northeast Texas Trail

Northeast Texas Trail is a 129 mile point-to-point trail located near Farmersville, Texas. The trail is rated as moderate offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Point to Point

rails trails

Nice walking trail. Started in Farmersville and did about 4.5 miles with our dogs. Very easy, it’s a paved trail where we were so definitely no hiking. There were joggers, horseback riders, and cyclists, but the trail definitely has room for all to enjoy.

Dogs are welcome, but need to be on a leash. My one complaint and reason I give it four stars was the German Shepherd walking around off-leash at the end of our walk. We didn’t know if he was with one of the other walkers or if he was from a nearby home/farm. We had a group of people and our dogs with us so he stayed away, but if I’d been alone with one of my dogs, I would have been concerned.

Otherwise, excellent trail. Well maintained with trash bins along the way. Nice wooded scenery. Not a difficult trail at all, at least not at this location. Will definitely be back.

Great trail.

Nice trail for training long distances. Flat with lots of shade. Definitely going back.

Easy 10 mile hike from Farmersville to Merit and back.

Hiked between Celeste and Wolfe City. Amenities in both cities for resupplying. The area near approach of Wolfe City parking from south has a few loose dogs to watch out for.