North Ridge and Hospital Canyon Loop Trail

North Ridge and Hospital Canyon Loop Trail is a 2.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Fort Davis, Texas and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Was a good hike great views of fort and town! Did have some steep areas, my father has trouble with his legs and had to turn back half way. Real enjoyed!!!

I started at the state park edge, then hiked this Fort Davis National Historic Site Hiking Trails down to the fort and back. Great trail, easy to follow, very rocky. There are signs at every trail intersection, which was great since I only had the state park map. Highly recommended! Really great views at every turn.

Beautiful scenery. My family and I really enjoyed the hike. My youngest was 6 at the time. She had now problem with it. Would recommend the trail to anyone.

Friday, April 01, 2016

This a nice easy walk for a couple hours of relaxing time in the mountains with the family. My 8 year old son hiked this one easily and even got to the top ahead of me. The views are excellent, perfect for a couple of memorable photos.

Friday, August 01, 2014

Nice easy trail with great views of the mountains and Fort Davis.

Sunday, January 08, 2012

Beautiful vistas every where you turn & a great view of the University of Texas McDonald Observatory in the distance. We found a treasure under a big tree at the top near a fence!

Monday, October 12, 2015