North Lakes Park Trail

North Lakes Park Trail is a 1.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Denton, Texas that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.5 miles Elevation Gain: 26 feet Route Type: Loop

Please note additional trails are being added to the area and some portions may be closed off due to construction.

Good for running. Keep an eye (and ear) out for pigs.

not very good for summer time.

So I went with my puppy and it was great because it was less then 90 degrees today! You do have to cross a big field to start the trail and you have to cross a parking lot which is fine but I would love it if there was a little better signs like this way!!! But overall we had a great time!!

It is a nice trail but no shade so not the best in the summer with a dog!!

Sat May 05 2018

I loved it. It was the first trail I’ve been on where every time I took a deep breath, I smelled flowers. I got a little confused on which way to go at times because it looks like they’re adding to it as we speak, and some areas were closed off for construction. I didn’t really care, though, because the gravel areas were still easy to walk on even though it had rained earlier that day. Even the sloppy areas weren’t really muddy because of the gravel.

Wed Mar 07 2018

it's short but good... if you add going around the disk golf course with it... it makes for a much better hike

We've walked at this park the past few years because it's close and great for evening walks. They've recently added gravel trails and are in the process of adding a sidewalk from the RC airplane flying field entrance back to the soccer fields. I haven't walked the sidewalk yet but have walked one if the gravel trails added to our usual around the pond. My Strava ap wasn't accurate and says it's a lot longer than it is but it's still a nice distance for a quick evening walk.

Sun Feb 26 2017

Great little gravel trail that loops from the park around a pond through a little wooded area. I love this trail for short walks and runs! Wish it was longer.

Fri Jun 24 2016

Paved, well maintained - flat and curvy. Great for walking or running in a city park. Lake views are nice. Near McMath Middle School.

Mon Nov 05 2018