North Lakes Park Trail

North Lakes Park Trail is a 1.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Denton, Texas that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Please note additional trails are being added to the area and some portions may be closed off due to construction.

I loved it. It was the first trail I’ve been on where every time I took a deep breath, I smelled flowers. I got a little confused on which way to go at times because it looks like they’re adding to it as we speak, and some areas were closed off for construction. I didn’t really care, though, because the gravel areas were still easy to walk on even though it had rained earlier that day. Even the sloppy areas weren’t really muddy because of the gravel.

it's short but good... if you add going around the disk golf course with it... it makes for a much better hike

Wednesday, March 22, 2017

We've walked at this park the past few years because it's close and great for evening walks. They've recently added gravel trails and are in the process of adding a sidewalk from the RC airplane flying field entrance back to the soccer fields. I haven't walked the sidewalk yet but have walked one if the gravel trails added to our usual around the pond. My Strava ap wasn't accurate and says it's a lot longer than it is but it's still a nice distance for a quick evening walk.

Sunday, February 26, 2017

Great little gravel trail that loops from the park around a pond through a little wooded area. I love this trail for short walks and runs! Wish it was longer.

Friday, June 24, 2016

Paved, well maintained - flat and curvy. Great for walking or running in a city park. Lake views are nice. Near McMath Middle School.

recorded North Lakes Park