Mundys Gap

Mundys Gap is a 4 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near El Paso, Texas that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, horses, and mountain biking and is best used from September until May. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Hike to the Mundys Gap overlook Follow the main trail. At 0.58 miles there is a junction. Follow the main trail left. At 1.22 miles there is a wooden bridge. At 1.68 miles you arrive at Mundys Gap.

I loved this hike! My buddy and I went at a good conversation pace and it took us a little over two hours to get from the North East side (where I parked my jeep) over to where we parked his truck on the West side. It was roughly 8 miles from NE to W side parking. According to my Apple Watch the hike had a little more than 1750 feet of elevation gain. Well maintained trail and we had 45 lbs rucks with no issues. I will definitely do this again!

Our first hike ever and with a 7 and 9 year old! Very steep and rocky. Extremely hot too! (End of September.) Go early! We crossed a lot of hikers and dogs. A few were turning back and one hiker was carrying his dehydrated puppy-foaming at the mouth. The views are gorgeous though and the kids liked the lizards.

It was really nice. if you start from the northeast, you can get to the west side. start early in the morning because in the afternoon the sun can really get you.

Short trail but very rocky. We kept going past the trail and came down Mundy's Gap.

I would definitely take the Agave trail up to where Cottonwood splits from the Mundy's Gap trail. This way you avoid the rocks and it's nicer view. When you get to the Cottonwoods, you may be able to continue up either to Mundy's Gap or North Franklin peak.

geocaching

Great but too icy to reach Franklin peak

The trail is rocky at the beginning which makes it difficult to enjoy the scenery.

The trail starts out very rocky which, maybe uncomfortable to those with weak ankles. Despite this, the trail possesses many great views and a variety of wildlife. Careful however, I spotted a rattlesnake in the area given the fact that the trail is full of crevices and holes for them to hide into.