Mundys Gap Overlook

Mundys Gap Overlook is a 4 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near El Paso, Texas that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, horses, and mountain biking and is best used from September until May. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Hike to the Mundys Gap overlook Follow the main trail. At 0.58 miles there is a junction. Follow the main trail left. At 1.22 miles there is a wooden bridge. At 1.68 miles you arrive at Mundys Gap.

Easy hike

Another good hike in fmsp

Great hike from Tom Mays park on the westside to the top of the mountain! The trail is well marked and kept up.

I loved this hike! My buddy and I went at a good conversation pace and it took us a little over two hours to get from the North East side (where I parked my jeep) over to where we parked his truck on the West side. It was roughly 8 miles from NE to W side parking. According to my Apple Watch the hike had a little more than 1750 feet of elevation gain. Well maintained trail and we had 45 lbs rucks with no issues. I will definitely do this again!

Monday, October 03, 2016

Our first hike ever and with a 7 and 9 year old! Very steep and rocky. Extremely hot too! (End of September.) Go early! We crossed a lot of hikers and dogs. A few were turning back and one hiker was carrying his dehydrated puppy-foaming at the mouth. The views are gorgeous though and the kids liked the lizards.

Saturday, August 06, 2016