Mundys Gap

Mundys Gap is a 4 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near El Paso, Texas that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, horses, and mountain biking and is best used from September until May. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Hike to the Mundys Gap overlook Follow the main trail. At 0.58 miles there is a junction. Follow the main trail left. At 1.22 miles there is a wooden bridge. At 1.68 miles you arrive at Mundys Gap.

Great hike from Tom Mays park on the westside to the top of the mountain! The trail is well marked and kept up.

I loved this hike! My buddy and I went at a good conversation pace and it took us a little over two hours to get from the North East side (where I parked my jeep) over to where we parked his truck on the West side. It was roughly 8 miles from NE to W side parking. According to my Apple Watch the hike had a little more than 1750 feet of elevation gain. Well maintained trail and we had 45 lbs rucks with no issues. I will definitely do this again!

Our first hike ever and with a 7 and 9 year old! Very steep and rocky. Extremely hot too! (End of September.) Go early! We crossed a lot of hikers and dogs. A few were turning back and one hiker was carrying his dehydrated puppy-foaming at the mouth. The views are gorgeous though and the kids liked the lizards.

Saturday, June 18, 2016

It was really nice. if you start from the northeast, you can get to the west side. start early in the morning because in the afternoon the sun can really get you.

Monday, May 09, 2016

Short trail but very rocky. We kept going past the trail and came down Mundy's Gap.

Monday, April 04, 2016

I would definitely take the Agave trail up to where Cottonwood splits from the Mundy's Gap trail. This way you avoid the rocks and it's nicer view. When you get to the Cottonwoods, you may be able to continue up either to Mundy's Gap or North Franklin peak.

geocaching
Saturday, April 02, 2016

Friday, March 18, 2016

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Saturday, January 23, 2016

Sunday, January 03, 2016

Great but too icy to reach Franklin peak

Thursday, December 17, 2015