Mud Creek Trail

Mud Creek Trail is a 7.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near San Antonio, Texas that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

old growth

Good trail to use during the week. Not a bad little hike. Trail could stand to be marked better. Starts off up hill then right and across a rocky area. Cool sink hole if you look for it. Can be really muddy after rain. Hence the name Mud Creek!

There are some pretty great trails in here if you take the time to figure out the loop. Makes for a great hike, trail run, or mountain bike ride.

This is a great liitle park for walking. Some of the trails are nice and shady and some parts are really rocky and in the full sun. Even in the middle of September we saw quite a few wildflowers. I would not classify this trail as moderate but easy.

Good workout !

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Could use some trail marking. Some of the trails were washed away or brush is to high.
I would say it is more suitable as MBT over hiking

Sunday, October 23, 2016

Has potential to be a good trail but the mosquitos were RELENTLESS and the cockleburs were too numerous for our dog to ignore. Had to carry her for a while to get through a certain section that was unbelievably bad. I pulled 84 out of my shoes! I might try this trail one more time in the dead of winter when we've had a freeze and I know both bugs and burs are dead.

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

LOVE this trail, well marked, many tangents, and goes through foresty areas straight outa a movie! Would have given it 5 stars but there's some poison oak :/

To the 1 star reviewer: it's muddy and rocky... really!? It's called MUD CREEK, and that was listed in the description...

Tuesday, September 20, 2016

The biggest problem is that trail is not marked at all flat rocky trail not very kept up but for a short workout not bad

Tuesday, September 06, 2016

Not a great trail, rocky, muddy and hard to follow

Tuesday, August 02, 2016

Perfect

Saturday, July 30, 2016

I have just started trail running, and I really enjoyed this one. I thought it was a great option for those just starting out with trail running. My friend and I added about two miles of road running in the middle (ran a loop along the feeder road of 1604). We ended up with a total of 5 miles.

Thursday, January 28, 2016

Too many walkers with unleashed dogs and none of them pick up their dog feces.

Sunday, July 13, 2014

Good week use trail. Go when it hasn't been raining