Mount Ol' Baldy

Mount Ol' Baldy is a 1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Concan, Texas that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and nature trips and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Definitely steep! Definitely hard! Definitely worth it!! We hiked old baldy with our 4 kids (13,11,9,7) they thought the hike was super tough, but they pulled through and really loved the hike in the end! We hiked in the morning and the trail wasn’t busy and the weather was much cooler (we hiked in August)

Breathtakingly gorgeous. I took my 10 , 12, and 17 yr old and they loved it!

Awesome trail! We bought our one year old on a backpack carrier and it is totally doable, a little tiring but as soon as you start getting the river you forget about your fatigue.

Good trail. Wear good shoes and be ready to climb some. I saw a lot of kids doing this trail but some of the elderly struggled a little. The payoff at the end is worth it.

Great trail, not to difficult and not to long. The best views are at the top on the backside. bring yourself a lunch to eat at the top.

Really fun trail! We made it up with two kids and a 10 month old baby. :)

Beautiful views. Nice trail length lots of climbing! Super fun

Last week was my second time hiking up to the summit. In my opinion the trail is a bit more than moderate but for the short distance I guess moderate is ok. A few sections are dangerous because you will have to climb up rocks more than hike a trail. The cool thing about this hike is immediate view payoffs, if you stop to rest you have a view, awesome views at that. The summit is a nice place to sit and relax. Its large enough so you can wonder around for a 360 view of the area. Its really a nice hike during off season. I hiked it last year at the beginning of tourist season and it was heavily trafficked, especially by children (under 15). I find that many parents don’t pay mind to their children as they toss rocks over the edge (cliff face). I’ve mentioned to some parents that their children are tossing rocks into areas that have other hikers and those rock may hit someone on the head.

Sunday, September 18, 2016