Mount Ol' Baldy

Mount Ol' Baldy is a 1 mile out and back trail located near Concan, Texas that features a great forest setting. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and nature trips.

Really fun trail! We made it up with two kids and a 10 month old baby. :)

Beautiful views. Nice trail length lots of climbing! Super fun

Last week was my second time hiking up to the summit. In my opinion the trail is a bit more than moderate but for the short distance I guess moderate is ok. A few sections are dangerous because you will have to climb up rocks more than hike a trail. The cool thing about this hike is immediate view payoffs, if you stop to rest you have a view, awesome views at that. The summit is a nice place to sit and relax. Its large enough so you can wonder around for a 360 view of the area. Its really a nice hike during off season. I hiked it last year at the beginning of tourist season and it was heavily trafficked, especially by children (under 15). I find that many parents don’t pay mind to their children as they toss rocks over the edge (cliff face). I’ve mentioned to some parents that their children are tossing rocks into areas that have other hikers and those rock may hit someone on the head.

Sunday, September 18, 2016