Meridian Lake Loop Trail

Meridian Lake Loop Trail is a 3.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Meridian, Texas that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from September until April. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

canoeing

rock climbing

Directions from Cleburne, TX: Take State Highway 174 , or State Highway 144 from Glen Rose or State Highway 6 from Waco. Join State Highway 22 and proceed to the park. Take State Highway 22 from Hillsboro or Hamilton. The park is located about 3 miles southwest of Meridian off State Highway 22.

Well worth the trip! I didn't do the smaller side trails due to the large family crowds. But the loop was peaceful, shaded in most areas, and had enjoyable views.

We did the smaller trails with our 2 month, 2 year and 8 year olds. It was a lot of fun.

No mountain biking allowed. Hiking only trails. Looked great, but couldn't use :/

I ran every trail in park. Had to connect some with the roads. Really lovely quaint park. Lake was beautiful. So peaceful here. Trails were mix of rocky and smooth. I really liked it and will return. Good wildflowers too.

Walked with Bella Trey mica Whitney George and Ethan

Nice hike for us older guys

easy, had the trail to ourselves.

Monday, July 25, 2016

Sunday, May 15, 2016

Saturday, May 14, 2016

The only bad thing I really have to say is that the trail is poorly marked. Other than that the hike was pretty good, it was challenging enough to get my heart beat up and the scenery was nice.

Thursday, February 11, 2016

Friday, January 01, 2016

Tuesday, October 06, 2015

I'm a fan of "diamond in the rough," spots and the kayaking this was one. I think it's great; mountain biking around the lake was difficult in certain areas, because I think it's for hiking only? Really had to use precision on loose rocks, but my 26 held up fantastic. I'm going back adapt.

Monday, December 22, 2014

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Monday, February 04, 2013

Great little park for a day trip. Campgrounds are small, but trail around scenic lake is fun.