Memorial Park Red Trail

Memorial Park Red Trail is a 1.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Houston, Texas that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Color coded trails for increasing difficulties. (purple=easy, red, blue, orange/yellow=intermediate to advanced). They are interconnected, with trail heads at the rugby pitch and baseball fields. Also has a separate green trail, referred to as the "triangle" trail for advanced riding.

There were some difficult ups and downs. But, me and my granddaughter are getting good at it. We entered the trail from behind the soccer field. Start of the trail is not where it says it is.

my dad and i were biking part of this trail. i slowed down to stop, because i wasnt a very advanced mountain biker (one of my wheels got caught on a tree root.) as i was about get back on i saw rustling in the bushes. then, a fairly large coral snake (and i am absolutely sure it wasnt a king snake) slithered out. i told my dad to not go over and poke it because, as some of you guys may know, coral snakes are extremely venemous. this is why i may hesitate to allow younger children or off leash dogs to go on this trail. otherwise, 5 stars!!!

Rerating this trail... Not completely easy as there are some sections that have been eroded to make it hard for a "easy" walker to navigate. Sections of this should be upgraded to moderate, but combine this with blue trail and it is a great workout.

Attempted to start off of the purple trail, but got to a section that seemed impassible for EASY. Looks like hurricane may have washed part away. You would basically have to climb down into a ditch and climb back out. As someone just starting to hike and being alone, I was not able to make the LEAP into the ditch, nor climb out. I turned around and hiked purple/orange instead.

This trail head was nonexistent.

Easy, scenic, can't really go wrong with that

Saturday, June 03, 2017

another amazing place.

Monday, May 22, 2017

i have been going, and I love it, I have done all the color yesterday I enjoy the rain over the leaves it surprises me I did not get wet. love love love it

Tuesday, March 21, 2017

A little short but very easy to get to "in the city" Would recommend but probably won't go back.

Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Super good trail to satisfy our want to hike without anything difficult. It was beautiful and in the woods but short and easy. And easy to get to.

Thursday, August 04, 2016

Perhaps as good as it gets in houston but you can still hear road noise in a lot of the park. Lots of mountain bikes so keep an eye when on foot. Not sure why this is rated moderate- definitely easy.

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Easy hike through wooded area so you feel like you're out of the city. It gets a little harder a little further back on the trails. I love this park!

Thursday, March 03, 2016

I loved it! They have cleared the area for more trails and the made the existing trails wider.

Tuesday, February 02, 2016

For quick easy routine walk

Sunday, January 10, 2016

It was good, very easy, some parts You have to share the road with cars, so I don't like that.

Saturday, November 28, 2015

Walked part of the trails. Like the workout station with outdoor equipment to get in a total body workout. Lots of people on the trails. We walked only a few miles and back. Plan to visit this trail on my next visit to Houston.

Sunday, October 04, 2015

I love these trails. However, my running partner almost stepped on a coral snake during our last run so please be careful!

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

great to go hiking with the kids!

Sunday, July 19, 2015

Trail was fun but the current storms have left it difficult to ride. Hope they fix it soon. But it was a joke rather than an adventure

Thursday, July 16, 2015

Definitely some of the best trails in Houston. Love to go with my brother and we always have a great time.

Friday, July 10, 2015

There's a variation of trails that range from easy to hard. I have tried all colors and they're all very pleasant to experience. There's a lot of people in bikes, so you have to be able to communicate with them whenever you hear one close by, because the trails can be very narrow, so you'll have to move out of the way for them to pass. Also, make sure you don't go on a day after a storm/rain because you'll have to make some detours on some trails. Other than that I really recomend the orange trail, which is ranked the most difficult; but personally I like the sight seeing, dips, and bridges along the way.

Tuesday, June 09, 2015

My husband and I took the most "difficult" trail available in February, though in most state/national parks, these would be moderate/intermediate. We were pleased to see a lot of local flora and fauna. Unlike some of the other great walks in Houston, this one is actually unpaved, which I loved. On the negative side, you can always hear roadnoise, and part of the trail involved us walking under loud power lines and next to a railway. I'd go back again just to explore more of the little offshoots from the bigger trails. Bikers do not seem to care about the signs that say "no bikes" on trails that are clearly for people on foot.

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

I've been running these trails for about 7 years now and have seen my fair share of local wild life, this morning I was running with my dog bubba like I do every morning and we saw a CORAL snake. Wasn't very big and luckily grabbed bubba before he got to close. Few weeks ago I also saw a cottonmouth, even though yes these bike trails for awesome please watch where your walking and your surroundings :) . I have notified park rangers to post some warnings :)

Love memorial park and this will not keep me away!

Saturday, July 19, 2014

Best houston has to offer for mtn biking

Thursday, June 05, 2014

I recommend these bike trails!

Tuesday, October 08, 2013

Some of the better riding in Houston. Most of the trails are not for beginners. This is even more true after the tree loss because of the drought. Be prepared for exposed roots, lots of them, and a few drops.

Monday, September 02, 2013

Least favorite trail system in the Houston and surrounding areas. The park is very dated and run down feeling. Mountain bike trails have very dangerous areas. Horrific drops with huge roots on both ends. Difficult to even walk through. I love challenging trails but this was ridiculous. Not going back.

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Simply the worst trails ever!!! Roots everywhere rocks and very dangerous drops. Not challenging but dangerous.

Thursday, May 23, 2013

What they have done to these beautiful trails is rape. Memorial park was a great place to get away from concrete Houston, until that is they chopped all the trees down, this park is more like a parking lot now, no more shade, the Eco system has changed, no more animals, no more life, just hot boring dry trails and tree stumps, whereas there was once water and swampy land it has dried up due to lack of shade. I hope the morons that are responsible for this are proud of themselves, oh i don't doubt its safe from falling trees but so is a parking lot. wheres the attraction?

Friday, January 11, 2013

This is the place I go to forget I'm in a huge city. On this trail, the roar of the highway is drowned out, and I can hike for hours in peace. There are a fair number of bicyclists, but they are polite, and there are non-bike areas in the back that take you along the bayou. It's a great place to spend a nice afternoon.