McKittrick Canyon Trail

McKittrick Canyon Trail is a 21 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Carlsbad, Texas that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and camping and is accessible year-round.

Directions from Whites City, NM: Travel south along Highway 62/180

Nice hike, beautiful views of Guadalupe National Park. Minimal elevation change and well marked trail.

great vista and foliage. .. the deer just walked up and crossed within a few feet of us

Beautiful trail. The madrone trees are fantastic!

Hiked up to the Notch yesterday, last mile up was brutal!! We were hurrying on our way down to get back before 4:30 closing. It was too much! I hiked with 2 teenage boys and they were beat too! I'd just hike to the grotto if I did it again. Leaves were beautiful! Took us 4.5 hrs total with no significant breaks.

My husband and I have been to McKittrick Canyon many times from visitor to Pratt Lodge in October, yet we were always too early for the fall foliage! This year I got to hike to the Grotto and see all the foliage! Beautiful!

Hiked from the visitor center to the Grotto and back in November. Easy hike with beautiful views of fall foliage. Take a picnic lunch to enjoy at the stone tables adjacent to the Grotto. Oh, and be sure to take your camera.

I have been twice in the last month and was wondering has anyone done an overnight???

beautiful for all ages very easy