McKelligon Canyon Bike Trail

McKelligon Canyon Bike Trail is a 4.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near El Paso, Texas that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October.

It's a great work out. If you are out of shape and don't run or do any cardio. It will take your breath away n you will get tired but boy is it worth.

Non emergency vehicles should be restricted during certain times. They speed , even the parks and wildlife trucks and city of El Paso. I was scared.

11 June 2016
My first time here, it was beautiful. I lived in El Paso not a full year, I plan on going back here.

Thursday, April 07, 2016

Saturday, March 12, 2016

My wife and I live just under a mile from the foot of this trail. We were able to get a puppy from home, to the turn around in the valley, and back to home without the puppy giving up. Now, she's a tough girl, but a total of about 6.5 miles is pretty good. I say this so that it can be used for perspective. Running it would obviously hold separate challenges, but most people would be able to complete and enjoy this trail. The entire road up has at least a 4 feet wide "sidewalk" to stay away from the traffic. There is also bathroom facilities up top and a gas station right near the bottom. Overall, a great way to get outside with older children, your bike, or a dog like us.

Thursday, March 10, 2016

Monday, January 18, 2016

Sunday, May 04, 2014

This trail is actually an access road leading into the canyon. I used to run this route once a week while I was in the military for physical training, and it will burn you out! Most people walk the road, as riding a bike can be grueling on the uphill climb through the canyon. The place is pretty active in the early mornings during the week and weekends.

Monday, March 31, 2014

I went out and had an amazing time on this hike. The first hill is the hardest and steepest to climb, and then it's a steady and challenging hike the rest of the way up. I went early on a Saturday morning, around 8 a.m. and there were already quite a bit of hikers and cyclists already there. There are plenty of beautiful views and the road is marked with mile markers. Beware, there are no restrooms and ensure to bring plenty of water. The hike took me 1 hour and 30 minutes and according to my phone app, I burned 1035 calories! Not bad for a quick hike with breathtaking views, plenty of people around and lots of fun!

Happy Hiking!

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

I'll tell you what, its one hell of a jog. Long peaceful jog though.