McKelligon Canyon Bike Trail

McKelligon Canyon Bike Trail is a 4.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near El Paso, Texas that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great area with cliff and flats. Close at 10 pm

Mckelligon has beautiful views

I was dead on the first few actual steps but there were plenty of rocks to sit on and take a breather - make sure you bring enough water and take breaks when you need

Monday, October 10, 2016

It's a great work out. If you are out of shape and don't run or do any cardio. It will take your breath away n you will get tired but boy is it worth.

Saturday, August 06, 2016

Non emergency vehicles should be restricted during certain times. They speed , even the parks and wildlife trucks and city of El Paso. I was scared.

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Friday, June 24, 2016

Monday, June 13, 2016

11 June 2016
My first time here, it was beautiful. I lived in El Paso not a full year, I plan on going back here.

Thursday, April 07, 2016

Saturday, March 12, 2016

My wife and I live just under a mile from the foot of this trail. We were able to get a puppy from home, to the turn around in the valley, and back to home without the puppy giving up. Now, she's a tough girl, but a total of about 6.5 miles is pretty good. I say this so that it can be used for perspective. Running it would obviously hold separate challenges, but most people would be able to complete and enjoy this trail. The entire road up has at least a 4 feet wide "sidewalk" to stay away from the traffic. There is also bathroom facilities up top and a gas station right near the bottom. Overall, a great way to get outside with older children, your bike, or a dog like us.

Thursday, March 10, 2016

Monday, January 18, 2016

Sunday, May 04, 2014

This trail is actually an access road leading into the canyon. I used to run this route once a week while I was in the military for physical training, and it will burn you out! Most people walk the road, as riding a bike can be grueling on the uphill climb through the canyon. The place is pretty active in the early mornings during the week and weekends.