McAllister Park Blue Loop Trail

McAllister Park Blue Loop Trail is a 6.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near San Antonio, Texas that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

wheelchair friendly

stroller friendly

partially paved

Great park for mountain biking. The blue loop is fairly easy; however, it can get tough during the summer months when temperatures soar and there is little shade. Plan to start early to beat the heat and the crowd.

Great trails in here. Can’t wait to go back!

Love the trail, it’s a bit tricky to get to since there aren’t much signs near the parking lots, but once you’re on the trail there will be signs leading you along the way. Lastly the trail is amazing, with rocks along the way, and if it has rained recently don’t be surprised if you run into mud.

Good trail today. Some small areas that are wet but easy to get around. Did Blue to Mud creek loop to red

Trail is nice for novice riders, however need to get started early to avoid the heat. Very scenic in the spring season. Best during fall and winter season.

Lots of trails to choose from. Huge park.

I ran the orange or "playground" trail there's only a small section that is close to the playground most of it is in a tunnel of trees and green plants. It was fun but since it's September and last weekend's weather was pretty rainy, mud build up on my running shoes and there are areas that are wet so I had to stop running and carefully pass through. My recording is both on soil and asphalt but the park itself has a picture in various areas of all the trails they have and what to expect in each one. I suggest to thoroughly put on bug spray so you won't have mosquito bites after like I did. Although there is a possibility of snakes I am lucky to not encounter one since I mostly run on trail or grass by the side of the asphalt, just be cognizant of that. The deers make the run especially enjoyable they don't bother unless they feel like you are taking notice of them.

I visited the park for the first time late September. I didn't believe that I would see deers but apparently deers are pretty common here. I hike only for a little bit to find a spot for reading. The only downside is that there's a number of mosquitoes and the are pretty stubborn. I have a repellant on me and they would still come. It rain while I was still hiking but I still enjoyed it. Over all though it was a great day.

great stress reliever

i haven't yet been here but am currently looking for a good trail to run with my dog along and this one looks great from what Ive seen so far, ill be tryi g it tomorrow cant wait.

excellent trail.

Great trails. Love the deer and birds and the smell of fresh cut grass. Go early to see less bikers and more nature. ALLTRAILS worked fantastic. Thanks for the track.

This is a fast easy ride !!! Single track with some rock gardens with no obstructions to look ahead

For the most part everything is cool, the trail is pretty narrow at times. More bicyclists than hikers which for the most part isn’t a problem. There is the occasional “I’m better than you, get out of my way” bicyclist. I don’t take too kindly to that, I am courteous and respectful and realize that I am slower so I move out of the way and even apologize for the inconvenience I may be causing. I however am not gonna run 5 feet off the trail into waste high grass or what ever for you. Being a rude jerk won’t get you anywhere, be respectful and courteous to EVERYONE and everyone will be happy and fine.

Amazing, great way to get in touch with nature.

Saturday, January 13, 2018

Great walk. Did 4 miles saw plenty of bets and bicyclists but not too crowded. Signs are lacking but we used our map and were solid.

Saturday, January 06, 2018

Nice trail in beautiful wooded area.

Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Nice and easy.

Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Fun, fast trail system that stays mostly flowy throughout. Note really much in the way of trail markings, so keep an eye on your map if you want to make it all the way around without getting off track.

Monday, November 27, 2017

beautiful

Thursday, November 23, 2017

San Antonio’s crown jewel. Sections of trail not very well marked. Fortunately your in the middle of the city, so you can’t really get too lost.

Saturday, September 30, 2017

No markings at all. Confusing directions, no signs whatsoever. If you are on your own, not safe because you don't know where you are or how to get back. To many trails that go in all kinds of directions and my GPS did not always work. If you stay on the road it's no problem. But then it's not a trail!

Sunday, September 17, 2017

Fairly easy trail with good shade on 80% of the ride. Fun for entry to novice level riders.

Saturday, September 09, 2017

It was mostly paved and very confusing. Great for biking and walking dogs but hiking not so much. There were a lot of short trails off of the bigger and very easy to get lost. There we no markings of where we were. We ended up just walking in circles. Very pretty but not what we were looking for.

Sunday, July 16, 2017

A great moderate park with great off road trails and some beginning jumps ramps and nice downhills as well. Great for the beginner rider who is trying to develop a more aggressive style of M riding. The park also connects to 2 different parks via the payment trails and boardwalk if your i o long rides and exploring you can either chose to go too the northeast parks or northwest once you get to the main parks they also have off road trails for mountain biking!! Start early finish late!! Enjoy the ride!!!

Sunday, July 09, 2017

Good single track loop

Tuesday, July 04, 2017

My favorite, close to home and plenty of water stations. You can find trails from easy to hard.

Sunday, May 07, 2017

This place was way to crowded with bikes to really enjoy myself hiking. The trails are super narrow and when one is trying to pass you then you have to step off the trail. The place was pretty but did have fist sized rocks you have to walk over quite often which makes walking difficult. The other thing is without a gps you will be lost easily. They don't really have much posted as to where you are or what trail you've taken. All in all I won't be returning.

favorite regular running spot

Lots of dear.

Saturday, April 29, 2017

It was an excellent place to run. I use to run there over 20 years ago in high school. We would run 3 miles. The trail has changed. There is more paved areas, which made the run real pleasant. There are areas that have been closed off from vehicles by a gate that wasn't there before. It makes the run very pleasant and quiet. The deer are not very jittery and I came within a few feet from them. It was really nice. I ran today a 5 k in remembrance of the fallen heroes who gave their lives to protect ours. The official run was in Killeen texas 4/29/17. My heart and prayers are with all the families who have ever lost a loved one.
. “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble” (2 Corinthians 1:3,