McAllister Park Blue Loop Trail

McAllister Park Blue Loop Trail is a 6.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near San Antonio, Texas that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Great park for mountain biking. The blue loop is fairly easy; however, it can get tough during the summer months when temperatures soar and there is little shade. Plan to start early to beat the heat and the crowd.

This place was way to crowded with bikes to really enjoy myself hiking. The trails are super narrow and when one is trying to pass you then you have to step off the trail. The place was pretty but did have fist sized rocks you have to walk over quite often which makes walking difficult. The other thing is without a gps you will be lost easily. They don't really have much posted as to where you are or what trail you've taken. All in all I won't be returning.

favorite regular running spot

Lots of dear.

It was an excellent place to run. I use to run there over 20 years ago in high school. We would run 3 miles. The trail has changed. There is more paved areas, which made the run real pleasant. There are areas that have been closed off from vehicles by a gate that wasn't there before. It makes the run very pleasant and quiet. The deer are not very jittery and I came within a few feet from them. It was really nice. I ran today a 5 k in remembrance of the fallen heroes who gave their lives to protect ours. The official run was in Killeen texas 4/29/17. My heart and prayers are with all the families who have ever lost a loved one.
. “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble” (2 Corinthians 1:3,

Rocky on the upslope nice and smooth on the down. Got a little off track in a couple of places! Glad I had this app to help guide me a few times! The trail has kind of been tagged with some blue spray paint on a few trees at critical turn points, but not all? Overall I enjoy the ride.
A few blind spots when I wanted to go faster but needed to watch for hikers/riders coming from the other direction so I needed to be a little more cautious!!

love McAlister park. beautiful trails