McAllister Park Blue Loop Trail

McAllister Park Blue Loop Trail is a 6.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near San Antonio, Texas that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Great park for mountain biking. The blue loop is fairly easy; however, it can get tough during the summer months when temperatures soar and there is little shade. Plan to start early to beat the heat and the crowd.

Fun, fast trail system that stays mostly flowy throughout. Note really much in the way of trail markings, so keep an eye on your map if you want to make it all the way around without getting off track.

beautiful

San Antonio’s crown jewel. Sections of trail not very well marked. Fortunately your in the middle of the city, so you can’t really get too lost.

No markings at all. Confusing directions, no signs whatsoever. If you are on your own, not safe because you don't know where you are or how to get back. To many trails that go in all kinds of directions and my GPS did not always work. If you stay on the road it's no problem. But then it's not a trail!

Fairly easy trail with good shade on 80% of the ride. Fun for entry to novice level riders.

It was mostly paved and very confusing. Great for biking and walking dogs but hiking not so much. There were a lot of short trails off of the bigger and very easy to get lost. There we no markings of where we were. We ended up just walking in circles. Very pretty but not what we were looking for.

A great moderate park with great off road trails and some beginning jumps ramps and nice downhills as well. Great for the beginner rider who is trying to develop a more aggressive style of M riding. The park also connects to 2 different parks via the payment trails and boardwalk if your i o long rides and exploring you can either chose to go too the northeast parks or northwest once you get to the main parks they also have off road trails for mountain biking!! Start early finish late!! Enjoy the ride!!!

Good single track loop

My favorite, close to home and plenty of water stations. You can find trails from easy to hard.

This place was way to crowded with bikes to really enjoy myself hiking. The trails are super narrow and when one is trying to pass you then you have to step off the trail. The place was pretty but did have fist sized rocks you have to walk over quite often which makes walking difficult. The other thing is without a gps you will be lost easily. They don't really have much posted as to where you are or what trail you've taken. All in all I won't be returning.

favorite regular running spot

Lots of dear.

It was an excellent place to run. I use to run there over 20 years ago in high school. We would run 3 miles. The trail has changed. There is more paved areas, which made the run real pleasant. There are areas that have been closed off from vehicles by a gate that wasn't there before. It makes the run very pleasant and quiet. The deer are not very jittery and I came within a few feet from them. It was really nice. I ran today a 5 k in remembrance of the fallen heroes who gave their lives to protect ours. The official run was in Killeen texas 4/29/17. My heart and prayers are with all the families who have ever lost a loved one.
. “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble” (2 Corinthians 1:3,

Rocky on the upslope nice and smooth on the down. Got a little off track in a couple of places! Glad I had this app to help guide me a few times! The trail has kind of been tagged with some blue spray paint on a few trees at critical turn points, but not all? Overall I enjoy the ride.
A few blind spots when I wanted to go faster but needed to watch for hikers/riders coming from the other direction so I needed to be a little more cautious!!

love McAlister park. beautiful trails

Beautiful park but the blue loop is poorly marked. I had to use a combo of the orange and blue to get 5km's and ended up running that twice to get 10km's of running in.

This was my first time here and found it beautiful but as the day gets later it does get crowded. Get here early.

Saturday, December 10, 2016

Love riding these trails

Friday, November 25, 2016

Twice my mom and I went out to this trail and twice we have gotten lost making what should have been maybe an hour of hiking a 3 hour hike. We are both Girl Scouts and we both regularly go hiking so it's not like we are unfamiliar with hiking trails. It is just so poorly marked and there are so many smaller trails that take off from this loop that it is easy to get turned around!

Tuesday, August 02, 2016