Mary Moore Searight Park Trail

Mary Moore Searight Park Trail is a 3.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Austin, Texas that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from February until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Nice very scenic. Lots of shade. MTB trails everywhere.

Loved the trails and views were absolutely spectacular. Best of all it was quiet and not a lot of foot traffic.

I live right next to the park so I go there almost everyday to walk my dogs or just to go to get my nature fix. I love this little piece of paradise. Great trails, beautiful creek. My dogs love it too. They can swim in the creek and run around in the woods. There’s abundant wildlife and spring flowers everywhere. Also a good birding area and It’s terrific for bluebonnet photos!

If you get off the paved trail, you may forget you are near civilization. It is nearly impossible to get lost because it all eventually loops around no matter which trail you take. There are some really nice hidden gems back there. Explore!

Love this place! Short but good for a 30-40 min run.

Go early, gets busy, wear sneakers

They have a great paved trail...but it lacks shade. I attempted to create my own route using side trails and it was both challenging and shaded. I only encountered 1 cyclist and no joggers/hikers. If you do this make sure you use the Map My Run app or another similar. The All Trails app was far from accurate for most of the jog and I could've been wandering indefinitely if I were relying solely on its navigation system.

Sunday, May 28, 2017

Flowers just losing petals.

Sunday, March 19, 2017

Went today with my pup on the off leash side. Loved it. Would like some signage, but the adventure was super fun. Will be going again!

Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Attractive trails in a sprawling city park. Needs a bit better maintenance and some maps or signs. Walked a two mile loop with four kids with no trouble. Nice place for pets, lots of dogs. Fun playground with pavilions and bathrooms.

Tuesday, January 17, 2017

I mean... it's a city park. Nothing special

Saturday, November 12, 2016

Trail is hard to follow, no signage at all. I made what I thought was a complete loop, turns out I wasn't even on the bike trail.
I also ate it crossing the creek right at the beginning, it's SLICK when wet!! Lol.

Monday, October 03, 2016

Got a little lost from heading the wrong way on the path. There's no map in the front like there should be. Trail is nice and easy, some places are rocky though. Sunny, no fountains along the trail. Lots of dogs out, spotted some deer too. Would recommend.

Thursday, May 19, 2016

Good trail system that is very convenient for South Austinites. Nothing about it is too rigorous but a couple of side trails make it possible to get away from the crowds during peak times.

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

It's an easy walk, nice to be in a wooded area though.

Friday, July 03, 2015

Trails are great for mtn biking and I'm sure fine for running. Quite a maze of trails running alongside Slaughter Creek. Nice large turtle pond as well.

Friday, March 13, 2015

How good are the running trails and is there a way to get a map of the trails?

Sunday, April 06, 2014

best trail and disc golf park in south austin.

recorded Track - Mar 26, 05:26 PM