Martin Dies State Park Trail

Martin Dies State Park Trail is a 2.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Jasper, Texas that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

canoeing

Absolutely loved this park. We had a great family day here. The trails were large and along the water and were absolutely beautiful. On a negative note this time of year the banana spiders are EVERYWHERE!! THEY ARE CREEPY! but besides dodging them every 20 seconds, overall I can't wait to go back!!!!

Saturday, February 28, 2015

This place is awesome. Nice trails, great for kids. I liked the elevated piers the best.

Saturday, November 15, 2014

This is a great place for families, to picnic or to spend time hiking the trails. I hiked about a total of three miles, it was fairly easy, with some elevation for that extra cardio. Very majestic trees, marshes, and a lake gave it a lot of diversity. I veered off to several other trails to make my time there last longer as each trail is not very long. I was also greeted with mosquitos, so if you are camping, take along a repellant. The trails can be used for biking, you don't really need a mountain bike for this as the trails are hard packed.

Monday, October 13, 2014

Trails are nice, well kept. Nice views, loops were too short

Saturday, June 28, 2014

Took our kids and dog to camp and walked/hiked the trails. They're easy and wide, very scenic and pleasant. We also took a canoe out and paddled approximately a 3 mile loop around the island trail, just watch out for branches if you're sitting in the front and don't steer well. Really enjoyed ourselves!!

Monday, May 26, 2014

If you're looking for a fast, lake view, this is it. There are two sides of the park, and we hiked hen house first. The other side is the next stop. Trails here are much wider and bridges are well kept compared to saw mill hike.

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

There are several trails to hike on both the Martin Dies side & the Walnut Ridge side. The longest one is the Island Trail at Walnut Ridge. This trail has two nice bridges to cross. Nice, clean trails.

Friday, October 19, 2012