Manzanita Spring Trail

Manzanita Spring Trail is a 0.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Salt Flat, Texas that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October.

Guadalupe Mountains National Park 400 Pine Canyon Road Salt Flat, TX 79847-9400 By Phone Headquarters Visitor Center (915) 828-3251 Dog Canyon Ranger Station (575) 981-2418 By Fax 915-828-3269

The trail is okay. Definitely easy for those with limited mobility. What made the outing awesome is the ranch buildings and the incredibly knowledgeable park ranger. I took my son this spring, right after he turned 16, and we made a day of it at the park. Touring the buildings and talking with the park ranger made our day. We learned so much and I'm just sorry that I cannot remember the ranger's name.

very interesting building at the Frojolie Ranch

Monday, July 04, 2016

Very well-preserved ranch at the end of this trail.

Tuesday, July 08, 2014

This trail is part of the loop on the east side just past the ranch. Early settlers used the spring as a lifeline for survival and also recreation. Entering the pond is prohibited of course, since it's basically a historic site.

Monday, March 25, 2013

This trail in on the way to Smith Spring. I believe it was a rancher's pond before the park was there. Lots of birds