Main Loop to Restoration Way Trail

Main Loop to Restoration Way Trail is a 5.5 mile loop trail located near San Antonio, Texas that offers the chance to see wildlife. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and birding.

I'm new to San Antonio so I was looking for a good local hike that is more challenging than walking a paved path. This one was great! I really appreciated the amount of shade this hike offers, but I'd still get here early if it's hot. We showed up at 7:30 am and got one of the last parking spots in the lot. When we left, there were cars lining the street. There are bathrooms at the beginning of the hike, but none along the way so plan for that. Same goes for water. Views were nice. Some rocky areas and some small climbs up stair paths and natural rock paths. We did the almost 6 mile hike in three hours. The person I was with wasn't an avid hiker nor was she in tip-top shape so you may do it faster or slower depending on your fitness level. Saw lots of people trail running. Remember your trail etiquette as there were lots of people out there enjoying this great space!

THIS is CHALLENGING! I love it!

Monday, July 04, 2016