Lytle's Loop Trail

Lytle's Loop Trail is a 4.5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near San Antonio, Texas that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from February until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Very nice trail. My kids and I did it in a little over 2 hours.

Partly shaded and very little elevation makes this a super easy run. Costs to enter state park. Dogs allowed in front country trails.

Good walk! Trail in great condition.

Very flat with little scenery and little shade. Bring sunscreen! Better for trail running than a scenic hike.

It was ok...had a pup with me so you can't go on any other trails. Flat, not much scenery.

I hiked this trail with my dog. It was a very hot, sunny day. This trail is about 70% sun 30% shade so the sun made it a little more challenging. It was an ok trail. A few areas that were nice with flowers, but no scenic overlooks

Great trail for an early morning. Wouldn't go in the late afternoon because there would be too much sun. I wore my running shoes here and that was a mistake. Lots of rocks and it happened to be misty out so it was slippery. I'll definitely wear my hiking boots for future hiking here.

easy to moderate bike ride. some challenging areas but over all a great 5 miles.

Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Nice, lightly trafficked trail in Govt Canyon. We went on a Monday with our two dogs and only encountered a few mountain bikers. Scenery was great, flowers in bloom and the weather was perfect.

#freerangehiking

Saturday, September 24, 2016

A bit too much for first hike of season when you fallen out of shape. Not bad scenery wise.

Monday, September 19, 2016

Deceptive site. You are asked to sign up and create an account but you will not be able to download and/or print any maps of the trail that you want to try, unless you upgrade $$$ to PRO.

Sunday, May 22, 2016

Good trail to take the dogs for a walk. Varied landscape.