Loop Trail to Lookout Tower Trail

Loop Trail to Lookout Tower Trail is a 2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near San Antonio, Texas that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

It was a nice walk.

Nice walk. Good place to take kids

Love to go here when I have hill repeats on my training schedule or when I want a hilly 3-5 mile run that is challenging and gets my heart rate up. Nice scenery :)

Decent walking trail thaht's mostly flat and paved. The signs indicate bicycles are allowed, but I wouldn't recommend it since it's just a short pedestrian pathway. There are outdoor workout stations positioned about every quarter mile or so and there's an outdoor classroom near the library. The watchtower at the top of the 75 ft hill isn't that exciting.

Beautiful and quiet. Moderately difficult due to the incredible incline.

Perfect. Dogs on leash are welcome. Many trails.

Nice trail

Enjoyed running all over the mountain! Trails everywhere.

Saturday, February 11, 2017

Good hike and it gets your heart pumping if you go up the south face. Mountain laurel is blooming.

Sunday, December 25, 2016

Really enjoy these trails! For the most part, it's clean. More cigarette butts on the trails than I care to see while I'm walking for my health and trying to inhale the fresh air.

Saturday, October 15, 2016

A nice walk in the hill country

Monday, October 03, 2016

Been coming here since I was a teenager. Good place to visit if you're in the area

Friday, September 16, 2016

I took my daughter (2 yrs) and my dog. There were bags available just in case your dog went potty. The trails were clean.
We took the level one route up to the lookout and enjoyed ourselves. We will be doing it again.

Friday, September 09, 2016

Great walk & fun to reach the "castle" at the top of the hill. I'd call it easy though not moderate.

Monday, August 01, 2016

Nice paved roads and shaded. All trails are clearly marked and some are wheelchair accessible.

Friday, July 29, 2016

paved and unpaved but shady, OK for a short jog/walk

Friday, July 01, 2016

Good trail

Saturday, May 07, 2016

Marked very well, clean and well maintained.

Sunday, April 03, 2016

Nice quick trail

Thursday, January 28, 2016

This was a nice city trail that was very clean and well maintained. The moderate rating is a bit over kill since their is only one steep rise that takes all of two minutes to ascend. Otherwise, this is a good loop for hiking after work or going for a run. One note, the map on AllTrails shows the Comanche Lookout Loop connecting with the Library Loop by Oak Country Way. However, that part of the trail is now fenced off.

Saturday, January 23, 2016

Live in the neighborhood and forget we have this little gem in our backyard (literally). Fun hike trails. Paved trails are nice and easy with some mild grades. Some off trails leading up to the tower are moderate grades and very loose footing due to very lose rocks; same with down hill off trails.
You can tailor a good work out for conditioning in prep for a longer, more challenging hike.

Friday, November 27, 2015

Good paved trail for families with young children. This pen also has more difficult uphill trails. Something for everyone.

Friday, November 20, 2015

Fun little hike with the kids

Sunday, August 02, 2015

Perfect for running.

Monday, January 26, 2015

great family friendly trail. there is a playground at the sems library interance. Nicely paved and good inclines that kids can handle easily.

Monday, July 14, 2014

paved, not much to see or do.

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Nice walking trail for any ages. Unfortunately we are seeking harder activity. Every time when we try to seek heights some how ended up in someone's backyard.

Sunday, December 29, 2013

beautiful park, so many different trails on different inclines..one of my new favorite places to go hiking.

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Good walk for being inside the city. Great little hike if you go up the side rocky path, short distance up though. Awesome for daily exercise.

Monday, September 09, 2013

A nice small well kept trail surrounded by city. Too urban to be called hiking, but good for a quick getaway when you are short on time.