Lone Star Hiking Trail to Double Lake via Trailhead #11

easyYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray Star(90)
Coldspring, Texas

Lone Star Hiking Trail to Double Lake via Trailhead #11 is a 3.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Coldspring, Texas that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and nature trips and is best used from February until November.

Distance: 3.5 miles Elevation Gain: 75 feet Route Type: Loop

Such a beautiful trail through towering pine trees and dense green brush. Trail was not too overgrown. Definitely pay attention to trail markers. A wonderful run that reminded me of the trails in CA.

Double lake is closed but you can continue on the Lone Star trail if you want to keep going. Overall it’s a nice trail, a bit overgrown but it was pretty busy, saw 3/4 other groups on a Sunday morning. Great views and gets you away from road noise pretty quickly. Pulled lots of ticks off myself so be aware and wear long clothes. Shady for the most part.

I wanted to try this trailhead (Lonestar #1) as it has a relatively short hike to double lake, a little over a mile. The trail however is overgrown with lots of low overhanging things. So I was constantly ducking and I'm only 5'10. I recommend starting at Big Creek Scenic Area down the road which goes along a Creek for about 1.5 miles then opens into beautiful green woods with little overgrowth.

Was a nice hike, although I somehow ended up in the campground and walked more than I needed to. Was looking for something I could do in flip flops!! Nice walk!

Good trail for beginners. Awesome share form the sun. Easy to hike with stroller.

Loved this trail. A bit busy and noisy by the lake itself, but still incredibly gorgeous. The hike to the lake is very secluded and enjoyable.

Really easy trail that is in good shape.

Nice quick trails with bathrooms to use at the park! Was some signs of hogs just a heads up to always watch for those hogs! Can be dangerous, I didn’t see any though just signs from there rooting around.

Very pretty trail! The area near the lake was busy with people fishing and playing, but the rest of the trail was desolate. Easy to follow the trail. Mosquitos were very bad, even in October, so definitely use Off before you start.

Fun trail. Took my 6yr & 1yr old boys nice to take a dip in the lake before heading back to the car.

Very good. Excellent conditions. Very well maintained. Beautiful sights. We saw deer and squirrels. Very clean restrooms

Tue Aug 21 2018

A great hike. Wear long pants. We went through a lot of stickers. Well marked other than you get to one place and it seems the trail ends but you have to walk through some brush. Keep going, the lake and park is a good spot to snack and rest before heading back. They do have a swimming area. Very peaceful trail. That’s what we love. ✌