Little Lake Creek Loop Trail is a 6.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Richards, Texas that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from February until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

This is a nice trail but as of 7/8/2018 it is VERY VERY overgrown. You must wear long pants and be prepared for vines and bushes to touch you everywhere!!! I was very concerned about snakes as I could not always see the path. Needs some maintenance in a bad way. Several gully crossings that require climbing.

My first in SHNF. Seems overgrown, can’t see path in some spots, unsure where I was stepping or if there was wildlife crossing. I’ll go again today but despite the 95 temps, I’ll wear long lite pants to avoid the cuts and scratches from the brush on my shins. Invigorating. I am looking for wider paths in same area. Question, is trail running allowed on Sam Houston’s multi use trails?

Tuesday, July 18, 2017

fun trail, a little overgrown but hopefully I'll be able to do it again soon!

Sunday, March 19, 2017

3/18 They've done a lot of burning in this aka Richard's Loop per the LSHT map. But that's good! And the contrast in color is striking. New spring flowers and grass is vivid against the ashes and black coal along the 6+ mile hike.
Few places to cross carefully - down embankment to sandy creeks and up the other side. Watch for rains to make these near impassable. And for snakes! A 2ft racer crossed the trail ahead of me!
Looking forward to the next loop as we hit the LSHT 2017!

Monday, October 31, 2016

Part of the LSHT system - Starts at trailhead 1. Quiet single file trail. Lots of trees, roots, and brush. A few dry creeks to cross.

Sunday, April 30, 2017