Leon Creek Greenway Trail

Leon Creek Greenway Trail is a 5.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near San Antonio, Texas and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Accessed this trail from military parkway one day and Grissom trail head the next - paved - not heavy use - scenic. However the trail is closed at the south end and also closed about 2 miles north of the Grissom trail head at this time - still worthwhile for an easy run/ hike .

Love to ride my bike here

Awesome Ride...

Sunday, May 22, 2016

Prefect for my kiddies ages 8-15 walked 1 mile had Picnic , plenty of tables . Ran 3 miles while kids played at park. There's basketball courts , pavilion for renting and clean restrooms. Can't forget all the beautiful deer!

Sunday, July 12, 2015

I am relocating to SA from Houston, which is the best bike trail in or around SA, please not 1.2 miles...

Any recommendations??

Sunday, July 12, 2015

Are you serious when you say this trail is 1.2 miles. This is not even enough to break a sweat...:(

Saturday, March 21, 2015

I love this park with its shady off cement sidewalk little paths and the deer to observe. You can get a really good workout for several hours by walking towards the leon greenway belt trail and this has many cut offs or other trailheads to walk to. Always shade and many different things to look at like trees, shrubs, flowers, deer and nice pedestrians walking, jogging or biking.

Sunday, February 08, 2015

Went on 2 Hour Walk Adventure! SO COOL! Speing Time in Winterbfor Texas.

Sunday, October 19, 2014

I really enjoy this trail. I've been a few times. My dog saw is first dear there :) I wish it was closer to my house. RIght now its about 20 minutes away. Theres unpaved and paved trails that are handicap and stroller accessible.

Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Trails were fun, good work. My first time here in San Antonio on a vacation. Another trail close by was closed, that was a bummer. Met up on the trail with a local Robert. Thankfully because these trails are not marked at all. Robert was great guide and new the trails very well. Many areas are not maintained and over grown with grass and tree or shrub branches. It was fun ride.

Saturday, April 19, 2014

I loved it and it's now my home park for trails. I did 3.2 miles and did it all. Went through the paved areas, went through the rough pavement, the hilly dirt trails and the creek's rocky trails. Can't get enough!

Thursday, September 05, 2013

Really nice trails. The main trails are marked well. But I never found much of a map to plan my route by. There are many small unpaved trails you can use to cut off through the woods. Pretty creek bed. The people here were polite and courteous.
If you have kids with you, WATCH OUT for the bikes though, they come up on you quickly and they are going pretty fast.

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

I really love this park. It's close to home and has lots of off road trails to get lost in. The. Paved trails are good as well but off road is more of a challenge and thrill for me. Lots of wildlife to be seen as your riding so beware of deer crossing!

Friday, November 30, 2012

Very fun place, fast and challenging trails. Something for everyone. Also a great place to run. My favorite spot in SA. I want to stay her just for the Greenway. Try it, you'll have a good time.

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Great trail for all levels. There's some nice singletrack over in Birds of Prey and a nice trail that extends from O.P Schnabel Park to the Valero Trailhead.

Monday, October 08, 2012

Just did 40 minutes staying in OPS park never backtracked or crossed. Can do paved outer loop or take numerous trails. Share with bikes. Keep heading east and u will end up on Leon creek trail. Lots of people around so single woman hiker felt safe.

Friday, September 14, 2012

Great place to experience some outdoors exercise within the city. It's so close to home so it's a convenient location. When I used to ride the trails i used to easily get lost which made for good adventures. Now with the paved trails and trail heads that have been added, it is a great place for everyone in the family including the dog. Whether you are looking to hike, jog, trail run, mountain bike, or just enjoy the outdoors this place is perfect. The Leon Creek Greenway is expanding too so there's plenty more to explore!

Monday, September 03, 2012

This has been the go-to site for me for a couple of years since it is relatively close to where I live and the terrain is enjoyable for beginner to intermediate level riders. The trails start getting more difficult after the Babcock bridge headed north. Any rider would tell you that there is never one ride that is the same in regards to mountain biking. This is because the property itself is fairly large; stretching from Ingram all the way past 1604 and UTSA. Lots of trails, lots of fun.

Saturday, August 25, 2012

This is the second time I've been and it's always an experience. We had a group of 12 and the ride was incredible. However, I fell in the bamboo run. Stupid mud...