Lakewood Crossing Park Trail

easy 18 reviews

Lakewood Crossing Park Trail is a 4.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Houston, Texas that features a great forest setting and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 4.2 miles Elevation Gain: 75 feet Route Type: Loop

A series of dirt trails branching off from Lakewood Crossing Park. Carpooling is encouraged as there are a limited amount of parking spaces. The park closes at dark. Bicyclers are advised to park at the lot located at 14234 W Cypress Forest Dr, Houston TX, 77070.

Fully paved except near the parking area. Nice easy trail with trees Creek and some wildlife; birds, turtles, etc. There is a trail for walking and a separate trail for biking. Some bikers on the walking trail, although I wouldn't recommend walking the biking trail. Overall, a nice trail for being in the city!

Starts out as a paved trail that quickly turns primitive. And that’s great. It seems like it is mostly used for mountain biking but I enjoyed the hilly roughness of it. I had a good workout climbing up and down the hills. To my mountain biking friends, I promise to get out of the way when I hear you coming if you’re willing to tolerate me being in the trail.

Great roads!

Be careful out there during the warmer months. A few minutes into our a hike, a cyclist notified us that he spotted a coral snake. Later on, a rough green snake fell from the trees and landed a few inches from us. Towards the end of our hike, I spotted what seemed to be a cottonmouth crossing the trail.

recorded Recording - Nov 26, 12:40 PM