Lake Grapevine Horseshoe Trail

Lake Grapevine Horseshoe Trail is a 3.9 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Grapevine, Texas that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great views of the lake, pretty easy trail and would be get difficult to get lost as Horseshoe crosses a paved road multiple times throughout. Good signage throughout as well. Great for walking, hiking and jogging.

Great trail for beginners. I have never done mountain biking before and this was the perfect place to start. I like that there are also paved trails and they are wide. Not too crowded.

Trees down all over the trail blocking the paths.

Love running this trail... some easy flat sections a few technical climbs... great views of lake.

Very nice little hike.

Great place! Took my 8 year old daughter and her new "big girl bike" for the first time and what I thought would be a 30 minute max trip turned into 2 hours and almost 4 miles of exploring. Good mix of asphalt paths and some gentle trails in the woods so we mixed it up. Awesome daddy daughter adventure, we will be back for sure!

Not much to this trail. Most of it is along a cement road and when you get to the dirt there trash along the way.

Thursday, November 03, 2016

I have been to a few trails in grapevine and this one is my favorite so far. They have dirt and paved roads. At some point in the trail you are able to see the lake, there are some hills, and a few picnic tables. It's great!

Sunday, September 18, 2016

Great morning hike. The trails were marked well for hikers and cyclists. Had a water station-dog friendly. Good views of the lake and picnic tables.

Monday, August 29, 2016

My son and I hit this trail today and loved it. There is a good mix of terrain and a couple pucker moments but tons of fun!

Thursday, August 25, 2016

This was a great way to spend the morning with my dogs! Sandy paths and lots of shade! Very quiet on a Thursday morning. I only saw people in the parking area. Will be back!

Thursday, August 25, 2016

Walking, hiking, running - have nice paved trails with beautiful trees to give shade and trails that are used by hikers and bikers. When I went I only saw two other people walking and half a dozen bikers. They also have a little dog park with a pond. No entrance fee and tons of parking.

Wednesday, July 06, 2016

Fun trail. A mix of paved and off road hiking. Nice park benches and garbage cans for your empty water bottles. Nice views of the lake. Jump in for a swim like I did!

Monday, June 27, 2016

Amazing mountain bike trail

Thursday, May 26, 2016

midweek. little more for traffic. very humid, and a little warm (85). great stress relief.

Sunday, May 22, 2016

My first time on the trail, so I went about it very casually, taking lots of pictures and enjoying the view of the lake. Foot traffic was light-moderate on this Sunday morning, under cloudy skies, and after recent rains.

The trail is only a mile from my house, so this will probably be my regular ride in the evenings during the week, just before beer:30.

Monday, April 11, 2016

great and clean but trail signs are worthless. Bike path runs opposite and same path as the pedestrian trail so keep an eye out.

Sunday, April 03, 2016

This is a great beginner trail for MTB. It seems like DORBA has done a great job maintaining the trails after all the rain we e gotten recently and put up some temp bypass signs to avoid some of the flooding. This was my first time here but will definitely be back soon

Friday, April 01, 2016

Great trail and well maintained with good challenges

Tuesday, March 29, 2016

I went trail running on 3/22/16 and found myself having to stop at a dead end a few times due to flooding, but other then that it was all good.