Memorial Day Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started

Lake Cleburne is a 5.5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Cleburne, Texas that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 5.5 miles Elevation Gain: 485 feet Route Type: Loop

Texas State Parks are open for day use. Due to COVID-19 parks require reservations. You must reserve and print day passes before you arrive, wear a face mask, practice social distancing in the park, and limit groups to 5 or less. More info can be found here: https://tpwd.texas.gov/state-parks/

Very nice trail. Hiked it on 7/13/19. It has about 85 percent canopy so it’s nicely shaded. Beautiful, peaceful lakefront area ... took off my shoes and put my feet in, little fishes came and nibbled my toes. It’s a good trail for a little workout but not too hard at all. A new favorite for me!

Wed Jun 27 2018

A surprisingly good trail that I never knew existed. Lots of up and down and rocky terrain. The trail and weather combo made it a very good workout. My wife and I hiked it on 6/24/18 and our total distance on outer loop was about 5.7 miles. Take plenty of water. Its within a State Park so there is an entry fee. All Trails app was exact but trail is really not marked very well with signs but is an obvious trail for most of it. Map at office doesn't show outer loop.

Sun Apr 29 2018

The outer loop trail is challenging and pretty. There’s a tree canopy providing shade for 90% of it, and a nice breeze throughout. Very little traffic. At the end there is a place to swim that is very inviting. This will be one of those rare Texas trails that I will still walk in August

Tue Nov 22 2016

great trail. not as difficult as I had hoped but we enjoyed half a day here. looks like a great place to camp also so we'll definitely be back

Mon Sep 05 2016

This trail is an awesome workout. Just note that it's not marked, but it's pretty easy to figure out.

Mon Jul 13 2015

Simple riding.

Wed Jun 12 2013

Not the best for MTB but it was decent. Mostly up and down up and down. Woke up and rode for the 2nd time and became a mummy from the spiderwebs.

Mon Sep 12 2011

My wife and I hiked the perimeter of the park in a counter-clockwise direction taking the Camp Creek Loop, Spillway Hiking Trail Coyote Run Nature Trail, Whispering Meadow Trail and Fossil Ridge Trail. We departed from the parking area just north of the restrooms. The distance was about 5.5 miles and took just over three hours including lunch. In the direction we traveled, there were several steep decents, which were challenging enough for us to recommend that novice hikers should consider in selecting their route. Most of the trail ran along the fence line, which was offensive at first, but after a few minutes we hardly noticed it, and it came in handy when we encountered unmarked intersections. Ignoring the fence, it gave you the sense of being away from civilaization. With the notable exception of the Western border of the park which runs along a lime quarry and which presented some unsightly views. We anticipated more views of the lake, and perhaps in winter this is the case, but in late summer, we rarely glimpsed the lake, except near the spillway. The elevation change was listed at 150 feet, but the trail goes up and down this change many times, it was a nice workout. This was September 10th, and the summer was still fairly hot and dry. The campgrounds were mostly empty, which we did not expect. The park makes very good use of a limited space, with the lake, a nice beach with picnic grounds, hiking and mountain biking. We only met one family and a mountain biker on the Saturday we visited, so it was very empty, on a day with tempuratures in the mid-90s. Did not observe much wildlife on the trail, but saw a Road-runner on the park road on the way into the park. We enjoyed the trail and plan to return to hike the White-tail Hollow trail in the interior next time we visit. We do recommend this trail for hikers looking for an interesting trail that will present a challenge.

Fri Apr 09 2010

nice trails. beautiful scenery. Good trail.

Sun Dec 23 2018