L B Houston Nature Trail

L B Houston Nature Trail is a 7.6 mile loop trail located near Dallas, Texas that features a river. The trail is good for all skill levels offers a number of activity options.

L.B. Houston Nature Trails is a loop trail located near Dallas, Texas. The trail is good for all skill levels.

I like this trail for an easy little ride close to my home in Irving, but I too was uncomfortable with a couple of seriously sketchy-looking dudes sitting in separate cars at the trailhead yesterday. Just sitting. I rode around where I could keep an eye on my truck until they split. It took awhile. My vehicle was still there when I returned. Yay!

Extremely sketchy. Pull up to the parking lot and it looked like guys sitting in their cars waiting to do a drug deal. We never even stopped to get out because we were being watched.

Firstly, allow me to give this trail a bit of context. If you are looking for a grand communion with nature, or photos for your new calendar, or an idyllic spot to vacation with the family, this is really not the trail you seek. This is located in gritty North Dallas, not far from strip malls and light industrial buildings. However, if you happen to be in this area, as was I, and wish to take a walk through the trees, this trail may suffice.

Allow me to say unambivalently, that were I a solitary female, I would not hike here. Were it after dark, and I were unarmed, I would not hike here. If I saw a scary psychopathic clown on the trail ahead of me, I would not hike here. I think my meaning should be clear. In the day hours, with a mate or two, it seems harmless enough.

The trail is easy enough to follow. The trail is flat almost the entire loop, with only moderate inclines. You would be walking through woods much of the time. You can see a small lake, and also a river. I couldn’t see any signs directing your poochie dog to be on a leash, but it looks at least as dog friendly as it is people friendly. There is a public bicycle pump near the trailhead, and lots of bicycle tracks on the trail, so I will extrapolate at least a modest popularity of this trail with mountain bikers.

Saturday, August 13, 2016

Sunday, November 29, 2015

Clearing where the road is splits the trails up, making it a little difficult to find them.

Sunday, October 11, 2015

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Awesome

Friday, February 27, 2015

Nothing special or too technical but very good for beginners and a good spot for a workout. Very well marked and maintained with several exits if you want to cut your ride short.

Tuesday, September 02, 2014