Knob Hills Trail

Knob Hills Trail is a 10.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Roanoke, Texas that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

bridge out

Only hiked the first 2 loops today before turning around because I was short on time. But I’ll definitely be back. The hills were fun!

Loop 3 was a bit wet along the section that follows the water, but otherwise the trail is in great shape and the weather was perfect.

Great trail and love that it is a full 12 miles. We need to start a round up to pick trash up along this trail. Despite some trash it is a great trail and have ran it several times. Enjoy the 6 miles up and 6 miles back. Its awesome

Kind of a rush. Keeps you going. Hiked from end to end and back in 2.5 hours. Lots of steep hills so you're forced to run down them.

Had a blast fun and technical

Trail in great shape despite the recent rain.

Great trail. Seems like it goes forever. Secluded and very peaceful.

Great nature trail

The trail was great this morning. Trail is regularly maintained and is in great shape! Thanks Fran!

A great day to hike, especially considering its still summer in DFW. This trail provides a small secluded wilderness inside the Metroplex. It was great to get away from traffic and crowds for a few hours. You'll encounter mountain bikers, but they are also friendly and gladly share the trail. (Walk the trail in the reverse order to see the bike traffic as it comes toward you.)

We usually hit this trail a couple times a week because it's close to home and great for getting in some quick exercise! It's a DORBA trail, so there are always mountain bikers, but they are very considerate. We hike the trail backward so we can see them coming. The lower part of loop 3 (and some of loop 2) is flat and, in the summer, bordered by tall weeds. This makes for a very hot, airless trek. Take plenty of water, and bug spray if hiking in the morning or early evening hours. The mosquitos can get pretty bad. With sections like Goat Killer, Chutes and Ladders and Fred's Revenge, you know it's going to be a fun trail. (Beware, although a lot of people take their dogs, there are big thorns on the trails. I've had one go through the bottom of a shoe and into my foot. Also, being near the water, watch for snakes. A friend's dog was bit by a water moccasin.)

Hiked only a mile in because I had my 2 year old son with me. Overall it's a very nice trail, with a very noticeable parking area for the trailhead. It's mostly used by bikers, because we saw quite a few while on the hike. Once you get into the main trail area, it opens up to views of Denton Creek with some dips and rises. Still much more of the trail to be explored, so I'll be back.

We had a lot of fun walking this trail. We will for sure be back.

Did the whole 13.2 loop in 100 degree temps. STUPID move...but we made it. Thankfully packed 2.5 lt water blatter. Well maintained trail, looking forward to doing it again in cooler temps. All bicycles were very courteous.

Hiked 4/5 times. Last time hiked I ran across an eight point buck. Not a big deer but a nice rack.
Don't hike when muddy. Be careful of mountain bikers. Can b very humid in summer.

Trails are in really good shape. A mixture of sunny open areas and shady wooded areas - with several elevation changes in different spots along the way. Our group had a lot of fun the day we hiked them. We went about 3/4 of the entire full loop (about 7.5 out of the 10 - though I forgot to start the recording here until over a mile in).