Knob Hills Trail

Knob Hills Trail is a 10.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Roanoke, Texas that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

bridge out

Hiked only a mile in because I had my 2 year old son with me. Overall it's a very nice trail, with a very noticeable parking area for the trailhead. It's mostly used by bikers, because we saw quite a few while on the hike. Once you get into the main trail area, it opens up to views of Denton Creek with some dips and rises. Still much more of the trail to be explored, so I'll be back.

We had a lot of fun walking this trail. We will for sure be back.

Did the whole 13.2 loop in 100 degree temps. STUPID move...but we made it. Thankfully packed 2.5 lt water blatter. Well maintained trail, looking forward to doing it again in cooler temps. All bicycles were very courteous.

Hiked 4/5 times. Last time hiked I ran across an eight point buck. Not a big deer but a nice rack.
Don't hike when muddy. Be careful of mountain bikers. Can b very humid in summer.