Knob Hill Trail

Knob Hill Trail is a 10.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Roanoke, Texas that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

bridge out

The trail often closes when it becomes too muddy, or conditions otherwise prevent use. Please check local status reports for up to date trail accessibility.

Still pretty washed out from last weeks rain but not impossible. Wear shoes you don’t mind getting muddy and gross and you’ll be fine!

I often visit this trail. You almost feel like you’re in real woods which is unlike a lot of urban trails. It isn’t paved and has lots of different terrain. It is so beautiful in the spring and summer with so many butterflies and flowers. Beautiful views in certain places. That being said, there is LOTS of bugs. I got a tick bite once. Bug spray is a must during the spring and summer

Trail still closed. Stupid clay soil

Tried to hike here today but trail is closed. FYI

I don’t think Julie road this trail 5 days ago. It is a colossal Mud Hole!!
Try again in June!

Loved it!

Attempted to try this trail today. Closed...not sure why. There is a sign that says they close when muddy. Hasn’t really rained in more than a week. Forced me to give a rating to post the comment. So I went neutral.

Great trail for a easy hike. However, I can’t understate the level of biblical swarms of mosquitos that accompany this entire trail. Unless it is below 50 degrees or windy you may not want to attempt this hike. We kept to a forced march pace and were still harassed constantly. Yes we were wearing long sleeves and covered in deet. We saw several deer and a herd of hogs on our Saturday morning trek.

Love this place. It's right off of Denton Hwy so be careful or you'll miss the entrance. Not suitable for strollers or young children.
Make sure you bring bug spray! I was being attacked my mosquitoes constantly. I had my dog with me and he loved it. Some parts are a little tricky, but its also a bit muddy right now.

The first 3 miles of this trail are beautiful and amazing. The farther in you go, the less maintained it is. The super tall grass on either side has fallen in many places and the trail is often obscured by fallen branches and such. I also got a tick bite on this trail. Nothing against the trail there, just be vigilant! Also around mile 4 ish there is so much trash! Everything from trash bags to tires to an old refrigerator.

Really like this trail. Lots of trees and shade which is awesome in the summertime.

Good mix of beginner and intermediate single track with a few hairy advanced spots deeper into this big counterclockwise loop. Easy to choose your distance by turning left at any of the well-marked return trails that will take you back to the trailhead. Lot’s of tall vegetation and “tunnels” this time of year. There were times when I wished I had worn sleeves. But it’s August in Texas! My advice is to hit the trail early in the AM as much of this trail is shaded and pleasant before the sun gets too high. My GPS registered a little over 6.5 miles to the turnaround at Cheyenne Circle. One option for a loop that’s shorter than doubling back on the return trail is to ride back to the trailhead on paved roads by going up Cheyenne to Pocahontas which connects to Cross Timbers. A little more than 3 miles gets you back to the trailhead on 377 and makes for a total of 10 miles which I did in a 1:30. A good alternative when you’re time constrained but want to go deep to reach a couple of the more technical stretches. About those rocks not far from the final turnaround: I passed a guy who blew out his rear derailleur and snapped a chain. Not a great place for a major technical blowout! Happy riding.

The first mile or two is fantastic scenery. It drops off a little on the big loop in the middle where there is nothing but tall flowers/grass blocking views and trapping in heat (Summer). We almost got run over by a bike at this area because there’s no way to see someone else coming around the thin corners. Other than that though, great place for a walk, workout, to get away and enjoy the outdoors.

One of my favorite tralis to Ruck so far! lots of great scenery, very well marked and maintained. Great space to clear your head, and next to no trail traffic on a quiet monday.

Love it! I usually do the 12.5 mile loop. If you’re a beginner- intermediate hiker/mountain biker/ trail runner you’ll enjoy it. Be prepared though, going out is fairly simple, but it gets more difficult on the return trip. Also there are no service roads leading into the trail, and no facilities on it. So no restrooms, water points, or access for emergency vehicles. So bring everything you’re gonna need for the distance you want to travel.

Hiked 5 miles of this trail starting at the Dunhan Road entrance and was decently pleased with the outing. Trail was shaded by trees off and on but there are a few spots that turns where there is tall vegetation that isn’t necessarily the prettiest to look at. Only wildlife was a couple of squirrels and butterflies. Definitely plenty of bikers on this one, need to be wary of when they come up behind you. Not impressed but not dissatisfied.

It was ok. Course was very easy. A lot of overgrown vegetation. I always visit this spot once in a blue moon and it’s decent for the distance, but not challenging enough. I took my girl with me and she had no issues on the trail and she’s been riding for two weeks now.

The trail was much longer that 10.6 miles. According to my gps watch it was 12.4Miles.
Anyway..quite nice and easy trail to ride. But the weather was very how. I was riding with my two boys 12 and 14 . It was almost too much with heat and length combined. But they are tuff kids already:)

nice trail

Love the trail. It connects to Crosstimbers at Dunham Rd. I’ve done the trail many times, but encountered a full size copperhead sunning himself in the middle of the trail in loop 3 this morning. Not pleasant. Be careful!

6 mile hike, kick my 54 year old butt. My first moderate rated trail and it was great. There are loads of up and down inclines. Wildflowers blooming now. Got a good piece of advice from a cyclist to go the opposite direction of the trail, especially first time, able to see the trail bikes coming.

so many trailheads to choose from, this one of my go to trails in the area.

Trail is a total of 12 mile loop but has short cuts to make for short distances if needed. Runners watch out for bikers. Great trail!

Love it.

Great place for hiking, its lengthy but worth it.

It’s a very nice hike, but you can only make it about 3+ miles in before it’s flooded. Still, to do a 6 mile in and out, it is definitely worth it.

Love to go hiking with my dog here. We try our hardest to stay out of the bike paths because there are always a bunch of them there. It can be unavoidable at times, but everyone is pretty friendly. I love the challenging spots here!

Plenty of twists, turns and hills to keep the many miles interesting. The terrain and views change throughout, and even runs alongside a large creek for a while. This trail is really a hidden gem in the north Fort Worth area.

A pretty good challenge for a hiker. it was pretty muddy about 3 miles in and either path going forward was impassable. I think there must be an offroad motorcycle course nearby which took away a bit of the serenity. If you are tasty, bring some skeeter spray because they were out in force.

Great trail to hike with a family and dogs!