Kleb Woods Nature Preserve Trails

easyYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray Star(87)
Kleb Woods Nature Preserve

Kleb Woods Nature Preserve Trails is a 1.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Tomball, Texas that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is accessible year-round.

Distance: 1.8 miles Elevation Gain: 16 feet Route Type: Loop

A pleasant mostly-shady forest hike. This trail winds through flat, piney woods. Would be good for running if you are okay with single track and need a break from concrete, but it's short and a bit overgrown. There are restrooms and picnic tables available.

Gorgeous trail, 3 year old loved their rainbow scavenger hunt!

Great park. I took my kids, 4 Yr and 2 yr. It wasn't difficult and it was scenic.

Great trails!

Very nice place for short trail walks and to escape the hustle and bustle or the city. Staff is friendly. Great for a quick, easy morning hike, especially if you have younger kids.

Recommend for beginners and kids, or people new to trail running.

I love this place. Fun trails and easy enough for the whole family. The Naturalist Megan was very nice and great with my kids when we visited the nature center. The live oaks are just amazing too!

My wife and I went the Saturday before Fathers Day and had the preserve to ourselves. Relaxing easy trails with stunning Live Oaks. Variety of birds, squirrels, and a momma racoon with 2 babies to entertain us. Needed extra spray on the Wetlands trail to ward off the mosquitos but overall wonderful escape.

Sun May 05 2019

Nice hiking trail, but too small for a bike trail.

Sun Apr 14 2019

Easy, scenic hiking nature trail through a heavily wooded area. The Live Oak Trail has some huge old oak trees. Very little traffic on this hidden gem of a trail. Nice restrooms in two different locations. Docked a star only because there are no hills to make it more challenging. Picnic tables and a small pavilion near the 2920 entrance. Note that no dogs are allowed.

Sun Nov 04 2018

Nice trail to walk-jog / went on prob the perfect time. 60 degrees and cooler in the trails / took my 8 yo and unplugged for about an hour

Sun Aug 05 2018

Great trail, way , way to many mosquitos!

Sun Jan 14 2018

I decided to go yesterday, what a good idea!! It was kind of cold, I was wearing my jacket, but it was such an awesome day. The employees were super nice and everything was perfect.

Mon Mar 06 2017

very peaceful like it

Sun Feb 12 2017

Great spot for a short hike with the family. Fantastic visitors center, well-kept trails and boardwalks, and plenty of benches to sit on and enjoy the surroundings. Only thing that would make it better would be dog-friendly, though I understand the reasons they are not allowed.

Sat Aug 27 2016

The live oak trail was beautiful! Stroller friendly trail (ours was a jogger) may be a little bumpy for a stroller with no shocks.

Mon Aug 15 2016

Great small trek for beginners, kid friendly.

Tue Mar 29 2016

Kids and I enjoyed it . Very peaceful . Lots of mosquitoes though !

Mon Mar 28 2016

Any place that does not allow dogs is a BIG 0 in my book!

Sun Mar 13 2016

"No Pets Allowed"

Mon Feb 15 2016

Excellent Trail.

Mon Jun 08 2015

This was a nice trail for beginners- basically no incline or decline, the only thing I didn't care for on this trail was the bugs (load up on bug spray or stop by the nature center, they have some outside for public use) and the fact that on the trails it was a lot of brush and it was very closed in on the trails we took. For the latter reason I wouldn't run on this trail- we ran into a lot of webs we didn't see just walking, I can't imagine how many you'd miss and run into at a faster speed! The workers there were very nice though, and we plan to go back on a Tuesday to watch the black smithing demo in the morning. Make sure that if you go you try the "Live Oak Trail," they are very beautiful! Also note- dogs as well as other animals are no longer allowed on the trails leash or no leash.

Sat May 16 2015

Generally, this is a great trail. Unfortunately, the mosquitos seem to think so too. Avoid especially after the rain unless you fancy being swarmed by a pack of hungry bugs.

Tue Apr 14 2015

Horrible

Sun Feb 08 2015

Flat, piney woods. Would be good for running if you just need a break from concrete, but it's short. There are restrooms and picnic tables available. It's interesting to see the trees sway in the wind.

Mon Dec 29 2014

Was very surprised that this beautiful park was so close, it's a hidden gem! Everyone at the Nature Center was so nice. I definitely recommend it!

Tue Sep 02 2014

I drove 45 minutes just to get kicked out because they do not allow dogs anymore! Boo!

Fri Jul 11 2014

Went with my mom to hike here while visiting the Houston area. The trail was a simple hike and very beautiful. The volunteers were very knowledgable and the story of how Kleb Woods came to be is very interesting. Be sure and stop by. On your was out to Kleb on your left, don't miss the beautiful temple and grounds. And check out my pics to see how beautiful it truly is.

Sat May 24 2014

This location is incorrect for the Kleb Nature Preserve trails. See the Kleb Trail 2.1 mile loop west of this location in the map.

Thu May 15 2014

My girlfriend showed me this place and we went for a walk. I was more intrigued by the story than the actual trail. a lot of pine and needles everywhere. trail is easy but but seems caught in limbo between a kept and natural trail.

Mon Apr 28 2014

I forgot to start the trail tracker so I don't have a trail to upload. However we hiked the outer trail around the whole preserve. The oak trail was awesome!. Great trail for kids too.