Memorial Day Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started

Katie Jackson Park Yellow, Black, and Blue Loop

easyYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray Star(102)
Katie Jackson Park

Katie Jackson Park Yellow, Black, and Blue Loop is a 3.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Dallas, Texas that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October.

Distance: 3.1 miles Elevation Gain: 111 feet Route Type: Loop

Hidden in the midst of busy apartment complexes lies this gem. Blue line is the free flow loop with good view of the cheeks, connects with the red and the yellow. the north line is easy to intermediate skills

Great trail. I enjoyed the blue trail. We also went on the north trail but turned around because it had many trails crisscrossing it and it was not marked as well as the blue one. The jump area was dirty with empty water bottles everywhere. People should take out their own trash. The better views where at the beginning of the north trail.

True off road trail walking/hiking. Come with Off bug spray for chigger or tick control hopefully! You’ll definitely lose track of location / gps a must & follow signs. Fun time!

This was a nice trail going into the woods. The first part is paved and wraps around the park. The second part is all through the woods. At one part of the trail you can watch bikers jump over several little hills in the middle of the woods. That was a pleasant surprise. It shows me that you never know what you may find on your walks in nature.

The dog and I visited this park today, and we hiked the Yellow Trail. The trail is well-marked and well-maintained, thanks to DORBA. We made a pit stop at the dog park too. It's good to have a hiking place close by. Only thing missing is a water fountain.

Pretty great trail for running or biking! Even with the weather being rainy as it is, the trail was in pretty good condition, slightly over grown in some parts with a lot of garbage so I might bring a bag next time to pick it up and some shears to clear away some low hanging foliage because I plan on using this trail a lot!

Good parts: easy hike, shaded, pretty views of creek. Not good: couple steep inclines that we’re too difficult for my young kids; lots of poison ivy, trails were narrow and made for bikes so was on close watch for traffic. Right next to apartments.

Damp

This was a nice trail for a leisurely walk. I wouldn’t consider this a hiking trail is there really are no elevation changes. Since this is a predominately a DORBA Trail, lots of bikes, either singles, families, or groups. The trail is very shady but narrow. So stepping off the trail is the only way to yield to the bikes. But you can always hear the bikes coming. The trail was well-maintained with minimal trash.

Fri Mar 01 2019

Nice trail. The White Rocks Creek is nice. Unfortunately one can see why some parts of the world I started to prohibit plastic bags. Many bits of garbage have been carried down into the park during periods of high water.

Thu Jan 24 2019

Completed 2018. Mostly for mountain bikes, but an easy trail for some unpaved walking.

Sat Nov 24 2018

Well-maintained, well-marked trail that's good for a one-hour walk. You'll encounter lots of cyclists, since a good part of the trail is a Dorba trail. But it's actually not as crowded as I would have expected (we walked here on a beautiful Saturday afternoon).

Mon Sep 03 2018

Nice, easy walk with well maintained trails. It looks like separate walking & biking trails at first, but quickly comes together, which is not an issue. Wish I had a map!

Tue Jun 26 2018

Great place! One of my favorites now. Hiking through the trees. Went and let dogs play in stream. Not many out with us in the morning. Shade helped keep the heat comfortable.

Sat Jun 23 2018

Checked it out this morning, we entered through Katie Jackson Park the weather was in the high 80s but since it was pretty shaded it wasn’t bad! Brought my Boston with me and he did great! We’ll definitely go back again!

Mon Apr 30 2018

Great trails! Better to start at Katie Jackson park than the dog park. Trail entrance from the dog park does not have any signs.

Thu Apr 19 2018

Parking is pretty good, some signs on the dirt paths, fun trails to explore.