Jordon Park Trail is a 4.8 kilometer lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Pilot Point, Texas that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and horses and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 4.8 km Elevation Gain: 74 m Route Type: Out & Back

Trail has been muddy at some spots with deeper tracks from horses. Nice trail in the woods, very quiet and peaceful.

I loved this trail. I’ll definitely be back after several days of no rain, it was a bit muddy in areas but I expected it might be. I do need to thank the reviewer who mentioned the trailhead is behind the barn, there is no signs at all! However, they said it was in direct sun and this is incorrect. It was about 80% shade. We only passed a group of equestrians. You do get a small glimpse of the lake here and there, but it is mostly a wooded trail with tiny elevation changes, enough to feel like you had a good walk.

I don’t ride this trail every weekend through all different weather conditions I haven’t seen bald eagles, coyotes bobcat deer wild pigs armadillos possum raccoon rabbits or roadrunners (avian). So if you are a tourist I advise just stay away. I don’t ride my horse on all the trails at ray Roberts and there fore can’t tell you that they all connect and offer 30 miles of beauty. So if you think the trails too hot in August or too cold in January and that the water is way too wet when the trail takes you lake edge,and your frightened of coyotes bobcats and wild pigs please spend the weekend in your apartment in Dallas watching net flix. But if you up for some adventure, can pick up after yourself and you wanna proof me a liar look me up on trail.

Tue Mar 20 2018

Hard to find trail head. It’s by the barn. It’s in full sun so watch out in the summer. Nice trail. I saw cardinals everywhere. It doesn’t follow the water iso if your looking for water trail this is not it. Overall nice small hike

Sun Feb 25 2018

I enjoyed this hike overall in that I didn’t pass a single soul in the 4.6 miles I went round-trip. It may have had something to do with the fact it was the second day without rain, as I did have to maneuver around several flooded areas along the trail. There was the perfect mixed bag of grassy fields, rocky trails, inclines and declines in the trail path for my liking. I saw an armadillo run off into the woods, and plenty of bobcat, deer and hog prints. The only thing I didn’t care for was how there wasn’t any shore line paths. I saw the lake twice through the trees and that was it. Overall it was a challenging trail for me.

Sun Sep 02 2018