Jordon Park Trail is a 2.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Pilot Point, Texas and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and horses and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Hard to find trail head. It’s by the barn. It’s in full sun so watch out in the summer. Nice trail. I saw cardinals everywhere. It doesn’t follow the water iso if your looking for water trail this is not it. Overall nice small hike

I enjoyed this hike overall in that I didn’t pass a single soul in the 4.6 miles I went round-trip. It may have had something to do with the fact it was the second day without rain, as I did have to maneuver around several flooded areas along the trail. There was the perfect mixed bag of grassy fields, rocky trails, inclines and declines in the trail path for my liking. I saw an armadillo run off into the woods, and plenty of bobcat, deer and hog prints. The only thing I didn’t care for was how there wasn’t any shore line paths. I saw the lake twice through the trees and that was it. Overall it was a challenging trail for me.

Saturday, November 03, 2012