Jack Brooks Park Trail

Jack Brooks Park Trail is a 3.9 mile loop trail located near Hitchcock, Texas and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and mountain biking and is accessible year-round.

Me & my daughter went today around 2pm. I was worried it would be too hot but the trail provided so much shade that it was a nice hike allowing me to spend 2 hours with my kid. Definitely will go again.

Took the kids and it was a great hike you can make it as short or as long as you want... I was surprised to see trash littering the trails. It was enjoyable none the less.

good stuff

great wildlife seen by peggy and doug at Jack Brooks Park, enjoyed hiking easy trails

Very little dirt on trails. Riding on a network of tree roots which are super slippery with the slightest moisture but do not worry about falling, the mosquitoes will catch you before you hit the ground.

it's amazing was there for 3 hours and I tracked how long I walked like and for 3 hours I wasn't near to have explore that place..I recommend this for a nice evening or Sunday with the family.

Much nicer than I expected

Great. It was a great work out. All of the trail is not connected, you walk out of the woods and walk around the trees and then there is another opening where the trail continues. Also there is a playground for kids and an archery range, tennis, and baseball field at the park too.BBQ grills available and public toilets.

Jack Brooks Park is difficult take it for what it is a place to ride enjoy what it offers because you can't find it everywhere

maybe it is because I have a lot in Austin in other places of Texas that are just a lot prettier. However to me this Trail was a joke. A lot of the trails are completely washed out and bridges were also washed out and just set to the side. there was also nothing really hard about this Trail either so I don't understand why people are marking it as hard.

Just posting this as a heads up. The trail had a lot of low spots and soft ground. If
It's rained recently this place is totally washed out. I'm from further south where there's more rock and when I got here I couldn't even ride because the ground was too soft. I explored the trails and they seem really good! Also very safe places to park!! Finding safe parking spots seem to be an issue with a lot of trails in Texas.

Only go if has been very dry!