Spring Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started

Jack Brooks Park Trail

Jack Brooks Park Trail is a 3.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Hitchcock, Texas that features a great forest setting and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

closed

The trails at Jack Brooks are currently closed due to being wet, muddy & standing water. Please stay off until the trails dry out. This does include runners as well as the mountain bikers.
For up to date conditions go here - https://www.trailforks.com/region/jack-brooks-park/reports/

Next time I will bring trash bags along with me, there was a lot of beer cans and other types of trash. I did like that there were two disc golf courses and the trails were nice and well maintained. Just wish people would pick up after themselves better.

As trail steward for this trail a couple of things, first it is a mountain bike trail and is known for being the most difficult trail this side of Austin. The trail is maintained by volunteers. Second, if you do the complete trail it is a little over 6 miles.

There are designated hiking/ walking trails in the park that won’t have bikes on them.

We hope you enjoy the trail, for volunteer opportunities go to www.ghorba.org.

Nice trails, just watch out for bikers!

OMG! Mosquitoes galore. I should had believes the reviews. Please, please take mosquito repellent and possibly long sleeve shirt and long pants. The trail is amazing. We will be back but will come prepared.

This set of trails was awesome, this was my first time to this park and I took my dog for a long hike. *Make sure you coat yourself in Deep Woods OFF* And You do have to be mindful of mountain bikers but I only saw a couple and they were very respectful. Lots of hills and great forest scenery. I’ll definitely be back.

Monday, October 30, 2017

awesome trails and a nice get away

Monday, October 30, 2017

The park trails need some TLC. It’s overgrown which allows the mosquitoes to be horrendous. Definitely bring bug spray. You’ll regret it otherwise.
There are exposed tree roots, so running the trail probably isn’t the best idea.
The water is stagnant, don’t let your dogs drink it.

The trail is not difficult at all. Sure there are some slight inclines, but nothing to warrant any rating over moderate.

It was a nice change of pace from other trails I’ve visited in this part of Texas.

Sunday, October 29, 2017

This trail was a nice surprise just outside of town. Mostly wooded and shade path. More hills than most Houston area hiking trails. The All Trails map was very useful in getting out. There are a lot of twists and turns and it’s easy to lose your sense of direction. Our Rotty loved the hike with us!

Sunday, October 01, 2017

Decent trail for hiking, not at all a difficult trail might even rate this easy. Lots of roots to watch out for. I went during the middle of the day on a Sunday no traffic on the trail at all. Bugs were minimal during that time as well. No trail maps avail the day I went. I had to rely on my recording to see where to go. Several water and other beverage bottles along the trail. Short steep hills but nothing to get worked up about.

Friday, September 15, 2017

I enjoyed the trail. Do bring mosquito spray and don't plan on stopping.

Tuesday, August 01, 2017

It is worth an outing if you are local but it's very plain there is nothing magnificent about this particular hike. it's a nice easy hike but I wouldn't travel far to go.

Sunday, July 30, 2017

a lot of exposed root on the hills. makes it difficult to enjoy at high speeds. besides that they are great trails. perfect for trail running. bring off....lots of it.

Tuesday, July 04, 2017

Too short to be considered a diff hike.

Sunday, July 02, 2017

First time here, couldn't tell much as the trails were all closed.

Sunday, June 18, 2017

Great trails! My son and I spent 3 or 4 hours out here exploring.....and playing minecraft survival. (Hey if it gets him outdoors, I'll pretend to play ANYTHING!!) Prepare to clear the way for mountain bikers though. They're not rude, just prepare to encounter them. Hiking, biking, disc golf, picnics, basketball, creeks, ponds, nature trails, r/c airfield, and I believe there is a shooting range of some sort.

Monday, May 08, 2017

Me & my daughter went today around 2pm. I was worried it would be too hot but the trail provided so much shade that it was a nice hike allowing me to spend 2 hours with my kid. Definitely will go again.

Sunday, May 07, 2017

Saturday, May 06, 2017

Took the kids and it was a great hike you can make it as short or as long as you want... I was surprised to see trash littering the trails. It was enjoyable none the less.

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

good stuff

Saturday, April 08, 2017

great wildlife seen by peggy and doug at Jack Brooks Park, enjoyed hiking easy trails

Sunday, March 19, 2017

Very little dirt on trails. Riding on a network of tree roots which are super slippery with the slightest moisture but do not worry about falling, the mosquitoes will catch you before you hit the ground.

Saturday, February 11, 2017

it's amazing was there for 3 hours and I tracked how long I walked like and for 3 hours I wasn't near to have explore that place..I recommend this for a nice evening or Sunday with the family.

Friday, January 13, 2017

Much nicer than I expected

Sunday, November 13, 2016

Great. It was a great work out. All of the trail is not connected, you walk out of the woods and walk around the trees and then there is another opening where the trail continues. Also there is a playground for kids and an archery range, tennis, and baseball field at the park too.BBQ grills available and public toilets.

Sunday, October 09, 2016

Jack Brooks Park is difficult take it for what it is a place to ride enjoy what it offers because you can't find it everywhere

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

maybe it is because I have a lot in Austin in other places of Texas that are just a lot prettier. However to me this Trail was a joke. A lot of the trails are completely washed out and bridges were also washed out and just set to the side. there was also nothing really hard about this Trail either so I don't understand why people are marking it as hard.

Sunday, August 28, 2016

Just posting this as a heads up. The trail had a lot of low spots and soft ground. If
It's rained recently this place is totally washed out. I'm from further south where there's more rock and when I got here I couldn't even ride because the ground was too soft. I explored the trails and they seem really good! Also very safe places to park!! Finding safe parking spots seem to be an issue with a lot of trails in Texas.

Only go if has been very dry!

Thursday, August 04, 2016

Very hard hiking, the trails were poorly marked, could barely find my way out, but had a good time! Will be back but not until fall!

Monday, June 27, 2016

Soo much fun great trail definitely going back