I-20 Wildlife Preserve

I-20 Wildlife Preserve is a 1.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Midland, Texas that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and birding and is accessible year-round.

Opened in late 2012. Nice 1.2 mile trail with pond and trees in the middle of an industrial area of Midland TX

not open on mondays, lots of flowers and paved walk with viewing areas. good time but windy bring a shell or breaker

You almost forget that you're in dusty, dry West Texas! There are birds, frogs, and rabbits all over with a big pond in the middle. The water looks stagnant and almost swamp-like, but it's still beautiful! Whoever made the boardwalk really knew what they were doing because it looks great. My only real gripes: the trail is only about a mile and a quarter (took me an hour while taking my time), and it's close to the highway, so you can hear all the traffic.

Cool spot for Midland. When you walk in there is a sign warning snake habitat. True. On my second loop during my run there was one on the path.

Best place in Midland to run/walk especially during evenings when cooler. Unexpected pond and greenery in desolate Midland, Tx.

For Midland... 5 stars. As good as it gets (in Midland) Nice to go around sunset. Saw a huge ass spider! Lots of birds. We saw one tree with red leafs and a Cardinal.

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

I am glad I went with my family but seeing as we drove 1.5 hours to get there once was enough. Definitely check it out if you're in the area. If I lived in Midland my family would go more often.

Monday, June 06, 2016

Friday, June 03, 2016

Sunday, April 03, 2016

middle of town and stones - throw for a major high way is a great bird watching site with great bird - blinds

Monday, May 25, 2015

Thursday, April 16, 2015

Prettiest place in midland. Nice get away from the flatness. Trees and water and slight elevation change. Nice 1.25 paved trail around a lake.

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

A nice walk at lunchtime.

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

scenic driving
Friday, August 09, 2013

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Friday, April 05, 2013

Friday, March 22, 2013

This was built for flood control. Heavy rains in town flooded the suburban area below it. A dam was built that caught the excess runoff, and released it slowly to keep the lower area from flooding. This created a small lake that attracts many birds and other wildlife. The dam is just north of Interstate 20, west of MM 134.

Thursday, February 14, 2013