Hillview, Red Oak, and Cedar Flats Trails

Hillview, Red Oak, and Cedar Flats Trails is a 2.7 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near San Antonio, Texas that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Can be a little steep and rocky depending on which path you take, but it has great views! Combination of paved and gravel trails. My GSD handled it pretty well

Brought 6 month boxer puppy with me - he loved it. Took a water break once we got to the tower as that was about halfway. Didn't see a lot of people at all, but we arrived at the park at 630am.

Really like the area. When u get off the paved walkway the trail I was in was wide, easy to follow. Plus you can tell they spread mulch in the trail a lot- it was thick and cushion-y. I loved that. A few rocks and small tree stumps sticking up, so still need to be aware of your foot falls but felt very safe. Only reason I gave 4 not 5 stars- there were a lot of people but everyone very nice and respectful of walking space.

Great hike. Nice elevation changes.

Good loop - but too short. I would recommend doing it at least twice around. I like that so much is shaded.