Hillview, Red Oak, and Cedar Flats Trails

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(183)
Eisenhower Park

Hillview, Red Oak, and Cedar Flats Trails is a 2.6 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near San Antonio, Texas that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.6 miles Elevation Gain: 331 feet Route Type: Loop

partially paved

I poured down last night. Expected mud, wasn’t nearly as bad I thought it would be

Fun family hike!

Slippery in spots but fun hike. Tested out some new gear in preparation for a much longer hike tomorrow.

Took the family on the hill view and red oak. Overall it is a great trail. We prefer nature trails with minimal pavement, and that’s exactly what we got. The park does have paved trails though if that’s what you are into. The hills we went over are enough to get the blood pumping. The altitude change is always a welcome feeling. The views of the San Antonio area are phenomenal. Make sure to check out the lookout tower.

Fantastic hilly and rocky run. Great quick elevation for anyone who likes hill climbs. Bring a 20# vest and have even more fun!

great hike, challenging

Nice trails with plenty of ups and downs.

Super refreshing trail, currently a bit muddy due to the rain, and can get a bit crowded. Highly recommend, though

Tue Apr 02 2019

The whole park is Great to hike thru! Great for exercising, just a well needed walk to clear your head from the world or even just a hike!

Sat Mar 16 2019

Sat Jan 12 2019

Nice Easy Hike, Lots Of traffic, lots people with nice looking dogs..

Fri Jun 29 2018

Good hike for one hr. Took a loop starting with Yucca and came down thru Hill view..

Thu Jul 06 2017

Can be a little steep and rocky depending on which path you take, but it has great views! Combination of paved and gravel trails. My GSD handled it pretty well

Thu Jun 29 2017

Brought 6 month boxer puppy with me - he loved it. Took a water break once we got to the tower as that was about halfway. Didn't see a lot of people at all, but we arrived at the park at 630am.

Tue Jun 06 2017

Really like the area. When u get off the paved walkway the trail I was in was wide, easy to follow. Plus you can tell they spread mulch in the trail a lot- it was thick and cushion-y. I loved that. A few rocks and small tree stumps sticking up, so still need to be aware of your foot falls but felt very safe. Only reason I gave 4 not 5 stars- there were a lot of people but everyone very nice and respectful of walking space.

Sun Apr 09 2017

Great hike. Nice elevation changes.

Sun Apr 02 2017

Good loop - but too short. I would recommend doing it at least twice around. I like that so much is shaded.

Tue Dec 20 2016

This is just one of many loops that can be done at this very nice park. Trails are very well maintained and everyone can design combinations to suit what they wish to do....paved, natural, or rocky. We particularly liked Red Oak, northern section of Hillview, and Shady Creek, although we would utilize all of the trails here.

Sun Nov 20 2016

The first time we tried Eisenhower Park, we didn't like it as much. We had selected the paved trails instead and didn't find it much of a challenge. The second time we chose Hillview/Ref Oak trails and found it to be an easy to moderate hike about 3 miles total from start to finish. Much better experience and would very likely return again.

Thu Oct 13 2016

Very cool afternoon walk, be aware not all trails are easy for kids or strollers as some people we saw thought

Sun Sep 25 2016

Good place to get out of the city, and theres usually not *too* many people to run into!

Wed Aug 24 2016

I love it there! Amazing trails and paths. The view is spectacular! I would advise you go to the bathroom before cause although the porter potties are convenient, it would be best to not need them

Mon Jul 18 2016

This is a very nice trail for San Antonio. A nice view at the top of Cedar and Hill. Gets s little hot so take water. Playground could use shade for kids. The terrain provides some views but doesn't vary.

Wed Apr 27 2016

It was a great hike all the way to the top and back down. Can't wait to go back.

Wed Mar 16 2016

it was really fun and it is so beautiful. it is not easy but it can be done. you have to wear the right shoes.

Wed Mar 09 2016

Absolutely love this place!! I wish I knew about this park before!