Harbor Bay Trail is a 7.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Fritch, Texas that offers the chance to see wildlife. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking.

Distance: 7.7 miles Elevation Gain: 1,345 feet Route Type: Loop

This trail extends from Harbor Bay to Meredith Way and includes two loops along the way - Harbor Bay Loop and Mesa Loop. The trail features rolling hills and some switchbacks. Visitors will find great views of the mesas and Lake Meredith.

Nice moderate hike with good elevation change. No cover on the trail so plan accordingly and start early. It can get hot. Trail is easy to follow and well maintained. Only section that we lost was the southern side of the Mesa Loop so we hiked around the other side. Beautiful views of the lake. Worth it to hike all the way around Mesa Loop.

Beautiful trail that burns some calories.

Well marked, well maintained. Less than hour drive from Amarillo. There is a bathroom at each end. The trail meanders up and down with lake and red rock views. will definitely do again

Tuesday, July 10, 2018

There are two trails at the Harbor Bay campsite and I did this one. I did thr first 1.7 miles as a sunset loop the night before, hiking up to the first loop and then going back down. the next morning I did the entire trail minus the two loops. out and back, for 6.4 miles. I started 30 minutes before sunrise so that my dogs had shade. All the creeks were dry but I brought enough water. There are houses off the rim so you are never alone. Trail is overgrown only in some spots and is easy to follow. There is very little shade! There are some lovely views of the lake. I camped overnight and only had my dogs and cicadas keeping me company. Nearby Fritch has a few good restaurants. I got cell phone reception on the trail but not at my campsite due to the canyon walls.

Sunday, April 22, 2018